+ Reply
Hi folks...
EMI
1 Posts
Hi folks... My wife was diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer three years ago. I'm 52. I'm trying my best. But this is so hard.
4 Replies
EMI

I'm so glad you found our community- caregivers need support too. However I wish the circumstances were different for you both.

We have a caregiver discussion here that you might want to check out: Caring for someone with cancer (all cancers) - CancerConnection.ca. You may also wish to connect with other caregivers like LANDSCAPERNF‍, CentralAB‍, Orlando‍ who understand what you're going through.

How is your wife currently doing? What are you finding most challenging? Our members may have some coping suggestions for you and sometimes just talking about it helps.

We are here for you,
Lacey
CentralAB
978 Posts
Hello and Welcome EMI‍ I am sorry to hear of your wife's illness, and of your turmoil and struggle over trying to support her. I am a little bit busy for now but will come back asap to reply more. Maybe in the am, or later tonight if I can manage it. I applaud you for hanging in there with your wife for 3 years! That is, in itself a major accomplishment and she is really blessed to have you on her side and helping her along on this journey. I looked after my wife for 5 yrs and she had Ovarian Cancer. I can relate to your struggle for sure. Hang in there; Ill be back and I am sure you will hear from others here too over the next while. Please feel free to come back anytime, and also to let us know if there is a specific issue you need help with. We want to be here for you any ways possible. Talk to you soon.
EMI:
Hi folks... My wife was diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer three years ago. I'm 52. I'm trying my best. But this is so hard.

CentralAB
978 Posts
hello EMI‍ I had a thought that perhaps you would be interested in the following Forum Area: The Emotional Roller Coaster It has a lot of insight into some of the fluctuating emotional ups and downs that we experience as care givers and/or cancer patients.
Cynthia Mac
2928 Posts
Hi, EMI‍ ,

I cared for my Dad for 2 1/2 years before the pandemic hit. We didn’t live together, so it wasn’t the same situation, but if there’s anything I an help you with, let me know.
+ Reply