+ Reply
Myelodysplastic Syndrome
Hello,

I'm a 57 year old male recently diagnosed with MDS w/excess blasts 2 (myelodysplatic syndrome). I am in the queue for an allogenic stem cell transplant. I would be very interested to hear the experiences others have had with this disease and treatment.

All the best to all of you.
3 Replies
Brighty
6286 Posts
StillKicking‍ I would like to welcome you to the site. I couldn't find anyone here that has this type of cancer. But I'll bring it to the attention of our moderators Lianne_Moderator‍ and Lacey_Moderator‍ who might be able to find someone for you to connect with. You may also want to call the cancer info line to get more information or just have someone to chat with. 1 888 939 3333. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. Hope you are able to connect with someone and get the information you need.
1b2
7 Posts
Hi Stillkicking -

I am sorry about your recent diagnosis. Although my cancer was different I have a very close family member recently diagnosed with MDS. I have found this website very helpful:
https://www.aamds.org/
wishing you the best...
Hello StillKicking‍ and welcome to our community.

While we may not have members on the site with your exact diagnosis or treatment, the community as a whole can certainly relate to the expereience of being diagnosed with cancer and what comes along with that such as emotional aspect, decition making, waiting etc. I hope as you make your way around the site you can still find value in reading and sharing with others.

Having said that, we have had a couple of members that have mentioned MDS though neither have been on a site for a bit. I will tag them here anyway and hopefully they can connect with you and share their experience. TristaHolyk‍ 's husband was diagnosed with MDS as was MDAERO‍ .

Continue to reach out as you need. Have they given you an estimated timeline for the transplant?

Lianne
+ Reply