+ Reply
Introduction
OmaArlene
2 Posts
Hi all, this is someplace I never wanted to be, like the rest of us. My mammogram showed some suspicious spots, calcifications that are not behaving. Thankfully, as far as I know it has been caught early. I see the surgeon on Tuesday morning. Not entirely sure what to expect. I know that I am in God's care, but I am still scared.
My name is Arlene, I am a daughter, wife to one (42+ years), Mom to three (a girl and two boys), Oma to eight (seven who give me hugs and one in heaven; Three boys five girls, age range 19 - 9). I am a retired high school librarian, crafter, gardener, kayaker, walker. We have recently moved to our new area and are finding it a bit hard to find our way around with covid, one of my goals is to find a new church to worship in.
4 Replies
Welcome OmaArlene‍. I love your handle and I love your introduction. I can hear your pride with each number in your introduction. I can feel the love.

Perhaps it's that love that seems to be keeping you calm while you wait for your results. I hope your results are the best they can possibly be.

if you are willing to share your results, please let me know. The suspense is already killing me. 😁

cancertakesflight
Welcome OmaArlene

I am sorry for what brings you here but I am happy you have found us. It sounds like you have a wonderful family.
Have you had a chance to look around the site yet?

We have a breast cancer forum here: https://cancerconnection.ca/discussions/viewcategory/39

We also have a spirituality and cancer group here: https://cancerconnection.ca/groups/home/53

I tsounds too like you have lots of great hobbies to keep you occupied as you await next steps and navigate through your new move and covid.

Keep us posted on how your appointment goes on Tuesday.

Thinking of you

Lianne
JustJan
345 Posts
OmaArlene‍ welcome to the site and I hope you will find it both helpful and supportive.

I certainly understand the fear and anxiety you are experiencing. It is great you are seeing the surgeon and I think you will feel somewhat better when you have a plan.

Did you have a biopsy done?

Sounds like you have great family support which is awesome and lots of activities to try to keep your mind occupied.

If you are up to it, please let us know how your appointment goes. We are here to support you in whatever way you need.
elle29
166 Posts
🙏u must contact ashcon whom is a member here.
+ Reply