Atypical Endometrial Hyperplasia - New to the Cancer Society!

Atypical Endometrial Hyperplasia - New to the Cancer Society!

Posted by AdrieeJ on Jan 4, 2021 9:00 pm

Hello everyone,
My name is Adrienne Janzen and I live in Saskatoon, SK. I am 26 years old and I have been diagnosed with Atypical Endometrial Hyperplasia in November 2020 and since then it has been a whirlwind of learning about myself, my body, and autonomy. I just had my second biopsy on December 30th, 2020, along with the insertion of the IUD (Mirena) and myosure. I have also been referred for genetic testing for Lynch Syndrome.

I have struggled not being able to communicate with women who have and/or are going through similar things to me. My husband is doing his best to be supportive but I know my health is taking a toll on him. We thought cancelling our wedding in April 2020 was the worst thing that would come our way; little did we know!! Anyway, I am looking to make connections and increase my support network. I haven't been able to find any local support groups to reach out to...so if anyone has suggestions or would like to connect further - I would love that! :) 
Adrienne

Re: Atypical Endometrial Hyperplasia - New to the Cancer Society!

Posted by Boby1511 on Jan 4, 2021 9:20 pm

AdrieeJ‍ 
Hi there. Great photo! 
I do not share your diagnosis and wish you well with your treatments.
Maybe your doc has a suggestion on where to look for a specific support group.

Posted by Brighty on Jan 4, 2021 9:25 pm

I'm so sorry you are going through  so much AdrieeJ‍ .    We do have a section for uterine cancer  under 'forums and cancer types'.    Perhaps the cancer info line might be of help to you.  1 888 939 3333.   They might have some more information on your diagnoses  as well as suggestions on where you can find support groups with women of similar  diagnoses.     Please let us know how you are.  You pic is beautiful.    
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.

Posted by Whitelilies on Jan 4, 2021 9:59 pm

AdrieeJ‍ Hello.......what a lovely photo of the 2 of you.......I did tag other members, and hope they will share their journey, here, with you.....
You are not alone........we are all on the journey, in one way or another.
Sending Hugs
Whitelilies

Posted by Kuching on Jan 5, 2021 8:46 am

Hello AdrieeJ‍ .  There is an endometrial hyperplasia group on Facebook, that you might want to join.  Just put “endometrial hyperplasia” in the search box on Facebook and it will come up.  I joined one for my specific kind of lung cancer, and it has been a big help, because everyone on there has the same kind of cancer.  I hope this helps.