Pelvic Exenteration-Introduce Myself

Pelvic Exenteration-Introduce Myself

Posted by Jennalee on Jan 2, 2021 4:26 pm

Hi Everyone 
I noticed there isn’t anyone else who’s had a pelvic exenteration on her so I would like to share.
After 9 years of being cervical cancer free , I had adenocarinoma of the cervix, bladder cancer and bowel cancer. I was not able to have any other treatments due to the allowable limit of radiation. I had an emergency Pelvic Exenteration. I am 9 months out and still having a struggle with getting back to my normal. If you have any questions or need to reach out for advice, I am here.

Re: Pelvic Exenteration-Introduce Myself

Posted by Essjay on Jan 2, 2021 6:21 pm

Thanks for offering to share your experience Jennalee‍ - you’ve had quite a journey xx
Triple Negative Breast Cancer survivor since July 2018

Posted by Jennalee on Jan 2, 2021 6:54 pm

Thank you Essjay‍ 

Posted by IamJay on Jan 3, 2021 7:46 am

Jennalee‍  I was very close to having this surgery but was able to have Brachytherapy and external beam radiation first. I'm now waiting for immunotherapy to start as a final touch to rid me of this cancer. I do know that if this cancer comes back somewhere down the road that an exteneration will be a likely option.
How are you managing with it? Did you end up with a colostomy and urostomy?
Hoping you will heal well. I imagine it is a long process.
J

Posted by Jennalee on Jan 3, 2021 6:55 pm

IamJay‍ Yes I have both a colostomy and urostomy. This was major surgery and I am still not 90%. I won’t lie that I am struggling with all the setbacks. I know however I wouldn’t be here without the surgery.

Posted by IamJay on Jan 4, 2021 12:12 am

Jennalee‍  this must be a really difficult adjustment. I went through a lot of it in my head before learning I wouldn't need that extreme surgery. I hope that your body heals well and you can manage to create your new normal.
all the best
Judy

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Jan 4, 2021 9:43 am

I'm so glad you have both connected Jennalee‍ and IamJay‍ 

Posted by Jennalee on Jan 4, 2021 7:27 pm

IamJay‍ Thank you. Everyday is a struggle. I pray everyday for peace and to adjust. Thank you for reaching out to me.

Posted by Jennalee on Jan 4, 2021 7:28 pm

Lacey_Moderator‍  yes 😊