Hi Everyone!

Hi Everyone!

Posted by amydiaz on Oct 14, 2020 9:09 am

Hello all! I'm part of an NGO that helps cancer patients live through the day. My google search took me here, and I thought I would join the community and share and grab whatever information I can. I hope I will be of some help. Thanks for letting me in. See you all around.

Re: Hi Everyone!

Posted by Wendy Tea on Oct 14, 2020 10:28 am

amydiaz‍  Welcome.  Some of us are very fragile but I am sure your words of wisdom can help. Under Forums you may want to read through treatments and side effects and the emotional roller coaster. 
Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea

Posted by Boby1511 on Oct 14, 2020 3:30 pm

NGO? New group online? Not sure what this is. Thanks.

Posted by WestCoastSailor on Oct 14, 2020 9:01 pm

NGO is Non Governmental Organization. Usually used in international circles to refer to groups with no national affiliation like the Red Cross.  But I like your definition as well - Boby1511‍ 

amydiaz‍ You might find the Community Services locator useful for your work. https://csl.cancer.ca/en

And a friendly warning from someone who tests the limits of the Community Guidelines and the Terms of Use on a regular basis, read them carefully and PM the moderators if you are thinking of posting something that might violate them. There is a great vetting process in place (as I look at the scars from running the gauntlet.) Not really but it is fun to tease them.

Angus
My story: http://journey.anguspratt.ca

Posted by amydiaz on Oct 16, 2020 8:28 am

Hey everyone! Thanks for your welcome. I, for one, never intend to hurt anyone's feelings. And yea, I shall be cautious with my words because though I'm not a victim of any of these diseases, I have been working with these people for quite some time. I just want to help the folks in whichever way I can. See you all around. Thanks again for the heads-up.