"Newish" Member

"Newish" Member

Posted by Planet_Me on Sep 9, 2020 7:09 pm

HI everyone,
I joined a few months ago and reading many posts but only now taking the plunge to introduce myself. I am a 50yo woman who was diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma Feb 2020, stage IIIb. I have completed 7 rounds of neoadjuvant CT, and in August had a mastectomy with axillary node dissection. Pathology from the surgery has come back and I responded very well to the neoadjuvant CT with no cancer found in  my breast and a minute amount in 2 lymph nodes. Trying to decide now if I should go forward with radiation. I do recall seeing a discussion about declining radiation on this site so will try to track that down again. 

I am a wife, a mom of two amazing teenagers / young adults, and have a dog. I love to hike, ski, ride my bike, watch great TV, read, garden, and spend time with my friends and family. I was formerly working full time but i am now off as I work through this journey. 

Re: "Newish" Member

Posted by Boby1511 on Sep 9, 2020 8:13 pm

Planet_Me‍ 

hi there. Lots will respond. I have no knowledge of radiation. 🙂
Im chemo only.
just thought I’d say hi.

Re: "Newish" Member

Posted by Wendy Tea on Sep 9, 2020 11:33 pm

Planet_Me‍  Great first post and great question.  What I relied on was the years and years of education and experience of my medical team.  Even researching all the options would not provide the expertise needed to arrive at a decision.  What is your team recommending and why?
Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea