Lung Cancer Diagnosis - upcoming Lobectomy. VATS?

Re: Lung Cancer Diagnosis - upcoming Lobectomy. VATS?

Posted by gladup on Feb 26, 2020 12:59 pm

Well Barb , you will find the waiting is the worst of this - waiting for the surgery, then the pathology,  the next scans, and so on. Hopefully it'll be soon. Re that pain, it's surely related.to the biopsy , I had a dull 'boring ' type pain after that for at least 2 weeks, it was a rough procedure and they didn't.even get a sample! At least I didn't have the collapse but that is another risk. The lung has virtually no nerves which is why lung cancer is often painless, and often just found incidentally in patients. So  pls don't think it's the tumour causing the pain. (Mind you , every little pain I get I think it's mets 🙄. So easy to say.don't worry - we all do).  Try to keep busy while waiting..hang in there...mary

Posted by BarbJ on Feb 26, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi gladup‍ (Mary), you're right that the waiting is really hard, & sometimes our minds & imaginations are our biggest enemies.
Since I've got invasive adenocarcinoma I'm picturing it invading deeper into and/or through the lung lining every day & I know once it reaches that far it can metastasize to other places
so each day I'm waiting for the surgery call is longer than the last.
I've been reading yours & others' stories so I know I'm not alone in the tension around "the Wait" and that does actually help, thank you . ♥

Posted by gladup on Mar 10, 2020 2:33 pm

Hi Barb, i thought i'd sent you a message on here, wondering if you had the VATs yet, and how you're doing?
  mary

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Mar 10, 2020 2:41 pm

Hi gladup‍ 
How nice of you to check in on Barb
I am tagging BarbJ‍  so she will see your message.
If you want to tag someone so that they get a notification, type in the @ sign then immediately start typing their username. When you see it in the drop down list, select it and it will turn blue as I have done here.

Lianne

Posted by gladup on Mar 13, 2020 2:54 pm

Lianne, do I do that in Messages? or where? 

Posted by WestCoastSailor on Mar 13, 2020 6:54 pm

I got this Lianne_adminCCS‍ 

gladup‍ 

Right here. In this text box. LIke right where I'm typing right now... once the name turns blue the member will get an email alerting them they have been tagged.

Angus

My story: http://journey.anguspratt.ca

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Mar 14, 2020 3:23 pm

gladup‍ 
You would respond exactly as you have here but instead of using the person's name ( if they provided it) or leave it blank, you would address them by their site username using the method I mentioned.

Thanks
Lianne