Metastasis melanoma

Metastasis melanoma

Posted by Lovemygrandson1961 on Jan 14, 2020 5:25 pm

I have just been diagnosed with Metastasis melanoma when they found a tumour in my lung. I had skin melanoma about 6 years ago but it was found very early so I never imagined that it would spread. 
I started losing a lot of weight so my doctor sent me for a cat scan and that is when they found the tumour. It doubled in size in 30 days so the surgeon who was going to remove the tumour decided to do a biopsy first to find out what they were dealing with. The biopsy turned out to be metastasis melanoma. 
My family and I were shocked. We were hoping the tumour was just benign but we weren’t that lucky. 
Now we are waiting to hear from the cancer centre to find out what treatment they will use to shrink the tumour so the surgeon can remove it.
i would love to hear from anyone that is or has dealt with the same cancer and your experience.
thank you

Re: Metastasis melanoma

Posted by ACH2015 on Jan 14, 2020 6:44 pm

Hi Lovemygrandson1961‍ 

I saw your post, and did a site search for Stage IV Melanoma.

I am tagging mallanPatersteColleensBiketech057ChrisMelanomaSurvivor‍  and Balon54‍ into this post for you. All have discussed Stage IV Melanoma as caregivers or having the condition themselves.

Hopefully, they will see this and your post and get in touch.

If you would like to go through some post threads, click on  Forums, then click on Cancer Types and click on Skin (Cancer). You can scroll through the many threads. You can also type in anything (eg: Stage IV Melanoma) and those threads will come up.Read and Post as you will.

Hope this helps, and gets you started here on the site.

ACH2015

Posted by Lovemygrandson1961 on Jan 14, 2020 7:45 pm

Thank you so much. 

Posted by mallan on Jan 14, 2020 8:47 pm

What province are you in? Glad you are reaching out right away. As a stage 4 melanoma survivor I hopefully can help fill in the blanks. Please send me me an email so we can talk. mallan@live.ca 

Posted by ChrisMelanomaSurvivor on Jan 14, 2020 9:47 pm

I am still here and still NED, for over a year now. I had no experience with lung metastasis. But I did have brain, heart, large intestine and tumors in my femur. I also have BRAF600 mutation and had a clinical trial of immunotherapy (ipi/nivo) . Along with whole brain radiation. I will find your post when I have some time and try to reply to it, I hope all goes as well as it can for you !
also what province are you in??