Cancer found after ultrasound And he found a cyst and fat necropsy..Please help

Cancer found after ultrasound And he found a cyst and fat necropsy..Please help

Posted by Nervous Rex on Nov 14, 2019 2:10 pm

When I went for the second mamogram they said they wanted to do an ultrasound. The Dr. said he saw cysts and some fat necrosis and explained that to me, but also found something he didn't like the looks of and said it needed a core biopsy.  It ended up being cancer.  When he saw how much I was shaking during my visit he told me "try not to worry too much because even if it's cancer it is small and found early.  So, I was trying to stay positive and keep my scared feeling at bay so I could function.  But, I just went to a surgeon yesterday and she said that the 2 areas that the radiologist wasn't worried about (that she read from the radiologist's report) should be looked at better to be on the safe side and try not to worry.  Shes doing this just in case they are something cancerous and wanting to be thorough.  I completely appreciate that BUT Im worried sick now.  The radiologist really looked like he knew what he was doing and I have read on Moose and Doc that a good radiologist knows what cysts and fat necrosis looks like on ultrasound,,,so why didnt he just put on the report to get 2 or 3 biopsys since i was getting one already?My hubby is trying to help me see reason and saying the surgeon is playing it really safe.

Will some kind soul please tell me that this process is purely being safe, the radiologist probably read everything well and they are just looking out for me and stop being a baby!

Re: Cancer found after ultrasound And he found a cyst and fat necropsy..Please help

Posted by Rayline on Nov 14, 2019 4:35 pm

It is extremely worrisome to get a diagnosis of cancer. At first it just feels so unreal, CANCER, me what does this mean Am I going to die? As you learn more and have time to digest this diagnosis. I believe you will come to see that breast cancer is very treatable and has a huge survival rate. If you can get more walking in just to help relieve some anxiety, take bubble baths, read distract yourself. When you go for your appointments have questions written down and take someone with you. Please ensure you go to safe and informative sites, Canadian cancer, American cancer. Google can send you to a higher anxiety level which you do not need right now. Take care and I am sure you will receive lots of tips here. This is a good and safe place.

Re: Cancer found after ultrasound And he found a cyst and fat necropsy..Please help

Posted by Wendy Tea on Nov 14, 2019 5:10 pm

Nervous Rex‍ , what Rayline‍ said is so true. This is a really scary time. When is your next appointment?  Write down all your questions and make sure you understand the answers.
If your next appointment is not soon, see if you can chat with your family doctor. The medical teams are so good and you will be well cared for. Hang in there. We are here to listen.
Best wishes 
Wendy Tea 
Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea

Posted by Sicily on Nov 15, 2019 7:36 am

I too have a couple is small spots that were not initially found on the mamma. Initially, I was told the cancer is on the left only, but a MRI revealed suspicious findings on the right and a second spot in the left. I was going to have a lumpectomy but now I'm going with bilateral mastectomy. I guess the cancer on the right side could not be seen on mammo due to dense tissue (both are white).

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Nov 15, 2019 8:27 am

Nervous Rex‍ , “try not to worry.” Words to live by, but some days, eh.

It sounds as though you have a wonderful, supportive husband, and he is going to be one of your greatest assets in this. Give him a hug from me!

You’ve been assured that you’ve been caught early, and I’ve learned from caring for my Dad, that early detection gives you the best possible chance. 

There are so many resources here on Cancer Connection. There’s a discussion specifically for breast cancer, you can join the Ladies Retreat group, where you can talk about things more privately, (and for men who may be reading this, there’s also a men’s only group called Man Cave), The toll free number at the bottom of almost every page on this site (1-888-939-3333) is another resource, and there’s also the Community Services Locator site, www.cancer.ca/csl where you can find various resources in your area. 

You’ve found a place of help and support. Try to stay in the moment, and take deep, calming breaths. You, too, Sicily‍ !
“When the root is deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.” - Japanese saying