Me back again

Me back again

Posted by Willy80735 on Nov 6, 2019 2:43 pm

Hi it’s Willy back again. I was here 2.5 years ago while hubby was in Cancerland. It was a difficult journey. But I got through it. I am fortunate that I found a new love - married in April of this year. He too was widowed. His late wife did not have cancer but had a lot of problems. We get along very well, it’s a second chance for both of us- to do what we could not do earlier. This man is so incredibly positive- he brings the best out of me. So a dear friend of mine- her daughter has been diagnosed with breast cancer. - She is in her early 30’s and lives in B.C. - I live in the GTA aside from making a care pkg. hats, scarves, heart pillows I come here for ideas, what more I can do to help? Cancer connect I back home again...  

Re: Me back again

Posted by ashcon on Nov 7, 2019 9:38 am

Hi Willy80735

Welcome back and congratulations on your new love  and your new life!
I joined CC in Aug 2017 after my own diagnosis of breast cancer, which was close to the time you left the site!

I am sorry to hear that your new hubby's daughter is facing this disease. I'm sure he is so appreciative of what you are doing to love and support her. 

Though you are far away,  there is much you can do.  When I was in the thick of treatment, I cherished the phone calls probably more than the face-to-face time in some cases. It meant I didn't have to muster up the energy to get "presentable" for some quality connect time. 

I dug up a couple of posts which has some good ideas:
Asking For What You Need
Ask Me How I Am

What treatment is she receiving? 

From my  ♥ to your ♥ to her ♥.

---- "Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced." ----

Posted by law on Nov 7, 2019 3:07 pm

@Willy80735,
I suppose Welcome Back is rather an ironic greeting...but it's good to know you are on this site again.
Congratz on your new life!!!, but what a shame about your husband's daughter. Cancer is a Bit*h.

Friends are so important, as they support us with no judgment (hopefully) and this site is crucial to our healing and understanding.
I send you and your family strength and support.
law

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Nov 7, 2019 4:29 pm

Willy80735‍ 

Welcome back. I am glad you thought of this community again to help support your friend's daughter.
Very happy to hear that you are enjoying your life and that you and your husband are both taking advantage of a second chance. 
It is always hard to support someone across the country but so thoughtful of you to reach out to finds ways to do that.
Does your friend's daughter live alone? Even if she doesn't, I am thinking about something like a meal delivery service where either the entire meal is sent or the ingredients/prep is sent and the recipient can cook it themselves. Or perhaps a service like Molly Maid  to allow her to be comfortable in her surroundings without the burden of cleaning. We often look around at what needs to be done while we are healing at home. I was given a limited time subscription of fresh fruits and vegetable deliveries and really appreciated it. Something practical like this post surgery or during chemo/rad treatment takes some of the burden off.

Lianne