Introduction

Introduction

Posted by Bill Sutherland on Mar 15, 2019 10:03 pm

I am a 68 year old male and was diagnosed with Primary Myelofibrosis in October of 2017. This was diagnosed when a repeat Angiogram, two years after receiving a stent. I was admitted in to Cardiac Care when I developed an extreme fatigue and shortness of breath similar to when I had a heart attack previously. After multiple changes in prescriptions and dosage of same, between my Internist, my GP and my MPN Hematologist, I am off of almost all meds. I take daily 20mg oh Atorvastatin, 10mg of Rabeprazole, 1500mg of Hydroxurea on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 1000 mg the other 4 days. As well Imam presently on 9mg of Warfarin. I also have Slerp Apnea and have used a CPAP most every night. At the present time we are semiretired and thanks to the efforts of my wife/caregiver of 48 years, as well as my Medical Caregivers we have a rejuvenated quality of life.

Re: Introduction

Posted by Elsie13 on Mar 16, 2019 6:11 pm

Hello Bill Sutherland‍ .  I think you were here in April 2018?   Possibly between than and now , a number of discussion headings may have changed.  I don't have a clear idea what primary Myelofibrosis actually is, but if you go to discussions, https://cancerconnection.ca/discussions  the third heading is  Cancer Types and there's a     Multiple Myeloma discussion. You may also want to keep checking 'Rare and other cancers.' 
   I think marj‍ has the same cancer as you. 

Re: Introduction

Posted by Bill Sutherland on Mar 17, 2019 2:50 pm

Elsie13, yes Did join back then. I am sliding all of MF links to a different mom de plume as we live in a small town, and follow each other around on social media. When first living with the fatigue and confusion that MF can bring, we were unable to continue our small family business on a daily basis. Because of this the fact that business was dropping off, due to my Dz, was of no real consequence. Now that I am once again taking an active part in the day to day, it is more important  to maintain a public face on my social media.  I have off days, but am 68, as mentioned in my Intoduction, and  am able to produce once again!!!!!

Share with your friends: