New Members!

Re: New Members!

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Jun 12, 2019 8:24 am

Hi, Lacey_adminCCS‍ , Ray RPM‍ Has primary cancer of the small intestine, Mets to his liver. I just read his post on another thread. He and his wife have been surfing the site, so I’m sure he’ll pop in here at some point!

Posted by HootOwlNic on Jun 25, 2019 6:18 am

New Member here.  Diagnosis yesterday.  Invasive Ductual Carsinoma (i think i need to learn how to spell that).  Still in shock.  My mom had breast cancer that spread when i was young and passed away when I was 8.  I have a 3 year old, and all i keep thinking is that this must have been what it felt like for her.  See the surgical team on Friday for treatment plan and options.  grateful for a supportive husband that is coming with me for all the appointments.  
it's amazing what you google when you find something like this out.  

Posted by Brighty on Jun 25, 2019 7:16 am

HootOwlNic‍  welcome to cancer connection!  Sorry you have to find yourself here.   You will find many ladies who share your diagnoses  or similar who have come out the other side.   Please meet these wonderful ladies.   cancertakesflight‍     Runner Girl‍     Kims1961‍      LPPK‍      ashcon‍      Essjay‍      to share their experiences .    And I'm sure others will chime in too to add to their experience and give you hope.   

Posted by LPPK on Jun 25, 2019 8:37 am

Good morning HootOwlNic‍   I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis but as Brighty‍  mentioned there are a lot of us on this site that have gone through the diagnosis, treatment and now are on the other side.  
One thing I was told was to Google only on reputable sites such as Canadian Cancer Society and American Cancer Society.  Their information is correct and up to date.  The CCS has several booklets that will be helpful for you; Breast Cancer understanding your diagnosisUnderstanding treatment for Breast cancer,   and Exercises after breast cancer
I am so glad your husband has been supporting you by going to appointments.  My husband was my rock and we got through it together.
Let us know the outcome of your appointment on Friday.  Know that you are not alone.  We are here with information and support.
Elaine   LPPK