This is me....a little blurb

This is me....a little blurb

Posted by Matuu on Mar 10, 2019 8:52 am

Hey guys....just wanted to take a quick minute & tell you a bit about myself. I’m a mom of 3 execeptional contributing children age 37, 33 & 30. They and their amazing spouses have given us 6 of the cutest grand babies ages 18-1yr.  We are so blessed by the family we have.  I’ve been married to my cutie pie best friend husband for the last  38 yrs. He is the most loving, compassionate, selfless person I have ever met. He is my rock and my biggest cheerleader and my lighthouse on the shore...he is such a special and humbling blessing and gift from God.

Now about me...first and foremost I am a Christian women of deep faith. If I’m being completely truthful
....I’m a bit goofy who loves to find the humour in almost any situation. I’m loyal and empathetic. I'm blessed with a few dear friends who always have my back even as they fight their own battles with cancer. I love having impromptu dance parties in my kitchen...can’t help it music just gets me. I founded a community non-profit project.  I make jewelry for battered women’s shelters. I just wanted these brave women that I am proud of them and think they a beautiful. Women across the country have donated gently used jewelry they aren’t using anymore and I deconstruct them and use the pieces to create new pieces for the shelters. It’s been such a gift to share with them. It’s The *Blinging it Forward* Project. 

My journey has been nothing like I thought it would be and I know that I am still here only because the Lord has protected me and healed me.  I am a breast cancer warrior. I was first diagnosed in June 2012, following up with chemo and radiation after a right mastectomy.  I am a triple negative, very aggressive type. Then once again 2017 on the same right side discovers by chance while doing the left side mastectomy. This one also resulted is a HUGE honey comb/webby staph infection from the surgery which resulted in 10 months of IV antibiotics while doing chemo again.  Then in 2018 I discovered the tiniest mark which turned out to be more cancer....again in the scar tissue on the right side and sitting on my pec muscle. Surgery resulted I. The total removal of all old scar tissue and taking a chunk of my pec muscle tight down to bone. The scar had a 2” spot that wouldn’t heal and we soon discovered a gaping open chest cavity behind the scar 8x6x4x6cm. I was hooked up to a negative pressure vac for 4 wks to close the wound. Then everything seemed to be going ok until Feb when I was diagnosed with sepsis a-typical pneumonia with toxic shock...104*F fever for 4 days.  We nearly lost me in those first couple of days...my system was shutting down.

i have rambled on long enough....but now you know a smidge of who I am, what I’ve been thru and how I got to where I am.  Thanks for taking the time to read this and to see me.

Re: This is me....a little blurb

Posted by Elizabeth06 on Mar 10, 2019 10:07 am

Hello Matuu‍ 
welcome to Cancerconnections and thanks for introducing yourself.you have been on quite a journey.  How are you currently being treated for the breast Cancer?
i am a breast cancer patient as well.  I’ve had my share of ups and downs along the way.  All I can say is that with every rebound, I feel a tremendous amount of gratitude.  Your post makes me think you have similar feelings.
congratulations on forming your nonprofit group.thats a great accomplishment.  Have you been able to maintain it thru your cancer journey?
im happy you made it thru the sepsis, that must have been frightening for you and your family.   Thanks for letting others know that this journey is full of twists and turns and joy along the way.
keep posting!

Posted by Matuu on Mar 10, 2019 12:34 pm

Hey Elizabeth06‍ 
thanks for reaching out. I’m currently not in treatment. This third diagnosis was only dealt with by my pec and scar tissue removal surgery. Once we discovered the internal gaping hole in my chest it took too long to heal from that so my window for Chemo had past but they did take HUGE amounts of tissue so they knew they had got it all. So as always I will keep an eye on things and watch for any tiny new signs that’s its come back again. 

As for my my project I have been able to keep it going thru both of the last 2 diagnosis and treatment 

I am very much the “pull up your big girl panties and just keep trudging thru whatever krap is thrown in your path. Keep a stiff upper lip and don’t drag others into your krap with you...this is yours to get thru and grow from. I’m definitely NOT a “why me, what did I do wrong, why is God punishing me, enough already” kinda girl. Don’t sit and wallow just get up and moving forward...the sooner you start the shorter the journey gets. 

Thanks again for your your kind note 😉

Posted by Kims1961 on Mar 10, 2019 12:35 pm

Matuu‍   Welcome and what an uplifting read on a Sunday...no less 😀

Like  Elizabeth06‍ said sharing your story will help many others on this site.  What a journey you have had !  Your strong spirit shines through though and certainly the loved ones in your life have helped you as well as benefitted from having you in their lives. The family love radiates  in your post☀

Thank you for your post!  Kim

Posted by Matuu on Mar 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Thanks Kims1961‍ ...what kind words. I so appreciate your support and the time you took to message me. Let me know if I can do anything for you

Posted by Razma on Mar 11, 2019 9:39 am

Hi Matuu‍ , thank you so much for sharing your story, a very harrowing tale of courage in the face of absolute adversity. 
I admire your faith and positive attitude and am so glad to meet a person who is able to reach out and help others so selflessly. I've got two kids as well, 34 and 33, no grandkids yet though. My daughter and her husband are seeing a fertility doctor today so I am praying for them to get some good help. 
I'm at stage 3 IDC 3/4 nodes and have had partial mastectomy, 4 rounds of AC and now will do 4th of 12 weekly Taxol this Friday, then 30 rounds of radiation probably at the end of May. 
Keep shining your light, and I completely agree with your mantra: KEEP MOVING FORWARD 🙏

Blessings!
Stephani

Posted by Bill Sutherland on Mar 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Welcome   Mature. You appeared to be blessed with a wonderful support system.

Willy

Share with your friends: