Hi, I have mental cell lymphoma

Hi, I have mental cell lymphoma

Posted by Twiggy96 on Jan 6, 2019 12:56 pm

I have mental cell lymphoma, having a hard time dealing with it

Re: Hi, I have mental cell lymphoma

Posted by ashcon on Jan 6, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi Twiggy96‍ 

Welcome to this site and for sharing your diagnosis.  Where are you being treated, and what are the next steps in your treatment?

There is some good information on this type of cancer here:  Mantle Cell Lymphoma.

You may wish to connect with Patrick G‍ who is on treatment for the second time for mantle cell lymphoma. 

Be well and be well-informed,
ashcon

Posted by Aly on Feb 8, 2019 1:39 pm

Hey Twiggy96‍ , how are things going these days?

Posted by Twiggy96 on Feb 8, 2019 4:29 pm

Hello, Not going to bad, as far as I know now I'm in remission. Still got a few side affects from the chemo and radiation but the doc says those will pass in time. Hard keeping warm, body having trouble keeping up. Been a bit depressed lately. Just that big word "cancer" scares me. What's your story? 

Posted by Aly on Feb 9, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi Twiggy96‍ , its great to hear that you are in remission! Have you though of investing in a nice electric blanket to help keep warm? I found it extremely helpful for my mom, who had similar side effect symptoms. My mom had nomadic marginal zone lymphoma and double hit lymphoma bone mets.

What have you been doing to keep yourself busy and depression at bay? Do you have any hobbies you like to partake in?

Posted by Twiggy96 on Feb 10, 2019 4:35 pm

I do have an electric blanket that I use. It's been so cold here, -50 windchills and daytime highs of -25 t0 -30. Have to really dress up when we go out and keep my face covered. The depression comes and goes and I think I can blame a couple of the drugs sometimes. Having problems with dry mouth. Nausea has been my biggest problem through-out this ordeal. They have tried different drugs but some cause side affects.Right after my stem cell transplant I was hospitalized because I couldn't keep enough fluids in me. Been rough. But now other than being tired all the time I'm feeling better. They are now giving me maintenance drugs every 3 months for 2 years but those don't affect me to much.

Posted by Aly on Feb 13, 2019 12:33 am

Twiggy96‍ , goodness! -50! That's awful. Hopefully it warms up there soon!!

I'm sure the lack of sunlight this winter hasn't helped with the depression either. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better!

What's been keeping you busy when the weather is this dismal?

Posted by Twiggy96 on Feb 28, 2019 6:07 pm

I have a grandson who is my best medicine. We get him every second week-end. Try to get outside a bit but get winded with any type of exertion. My son took me to a junior hockey game the other night . Was a nice change. He was worried that I'd have problems walking to and from the main door so he delivered me right to the door. I do notice a slow change for the better, so that helps a lot.

Share with your friends: