PTCL Lymphoma

PTCL Lymphoma

Posted by Asha on Jan 3, 2019 12:14 pm

My husband 77 years old was recently diagnosed with PTCL NOS lymphoma. He had his first CHOP treatment in Dec 2018 which went well. There are five more to go. This is all new for us, would appreciate any suggestions that will help us through this journey.

Re: PTCL Lymphoma

Posted by LPPK on Jan 3, 2019 1:27 pm

Welcome to this fabulous site Asha‍ 
On this site under Discussions, Types of Cancer, Lymphoma you will find several threads and a place to talk to others with lymphoma.  Also for you there are threads for caregivers
The Canadian Cancer society has a few booklets that you might find helpful; Chemotherapy and other drug therapies,  Cancer we are here for you, and Listen First and 9 other ways to support someone with cancer
We are here to answer your questions and support you.

Posted by Aly on Feb 8, 2019 1:47 pm

Hey Asha‍ ,

I hope things are going well for you and your husband. LPPK‍ has given you some great suggestions for Canadian Cancer Society booklets that may help you both guide yourselves through this diagnosis.

My mother had NMZL and DHL (b-cell lymphomas), she went through multiple chemotherapies, one of them being R-CHOP. I found the book, 'A Caregiver's Guide' super helpful during my stint as a caregiver. It is available in .pdf format through Virtual Hospice here. It goes through not only self care, but how to deal with side effects of chemotherapy and how to deal with them. In the reference section in the back of the book, it also suggests other books and materials that may be helpful as well.

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask them!

Aly

Posted by Asha on Mar 23, 2019 10:22 am

My husband just finished fifth round of CHOP, one more to go. He takes Grastofil for 7 days after each Chemo. He has developed acute back pain after the 4th chemo. He has taken Advil and other pain killers which have not given much relief. Doctors have prescribed various pain killers and muscle relaxants. Any ideas to alleviate the pain. Thank you.

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Mar 28, 2019 11:58 am

Hi Asha‍ 

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear your hubby is dealing with pain. Are the new prescriptions helping?

We have a booklet I thought you might find helpful: Pain Relief A Guide for People with Cancer in the booklet their is info regarding managing pain, drugs to treat pain, and other ways to treat pain.

How are you doing?

Lacey