New? Start here

Re: New? Start here

Posted by Inthefog59 on Feb 2, 2019 8:00 pm

thecatsmeow:
Inthefog59‍ 
I had lymphoma and had to deal with the side effects that you have mentioned. It was validating reading your post. My side effects lasted for years and cause my a great deal of suffering. To me it was a reminder of cancer...all the time. It has been 5 years and I feel that my side effects have gone and/or I have managed them well. It has been a long time but I feel more normal and I am grateful!!!

thecatsmeow  So glad you could manage your side effects and that they are now gone.  Three and a half more years on this pill, then I will be done.  I am not near as bad as some on the pills.  I know what you mean about it constantly being a reminder.  no

Re: New? Start here

Posted by jorola on Feb 3, 2019 8:12 pm

Hello Canteach1‍ 
Sorry for my delayed reply. I was a caregiver to my hubby who had non small cell lung cancer stage 3b. He fortunately was able to beat it and has been clear for over 4 years now. However during his time in treatment and the following months was a busy and stressful time for me.
I see you are looking for supports on being a caregiver, especially as you need to eventually go back home and then what about ongoing care for your sister. A very good question to ask.When are you planing to head back to Ontario? Does you sister have any family or friends near her to help? I would have you and your sister speak to the social worker and/or patient coordinator at her cancer hospital/clinic about the concerns the two of you have about you going home and her being alone. Ask about what resources are available to your sister when you do go. I am also posting a link below (it's from this site so totally safe to click on) that allows you to type in her postal code and see what services are currently known in the area. If computers aren't your thing, and that's ok, you can also call the Canadian Cancer Society Site at 1-888-939-3333 and yep talk a human being laugh
Information and Resource Search Link
I hope this helps.
If you have any other questions, please let me know. I would be happy to try to help.
Jodie

Share with your friends: