+ Reply
Peer Support Workers
Kaimana
88 Posts
Wondering how many of you took the Cancer Society up on their offer to speak with a Peer Support Worker.  I did and it was the best thing I ever did.  Would love to hear from others on this subject
8 Replies
Tulip
116 Posts
What offer?  Tell me more.  This sounds like its right up my alley?  Is their a link to the offer you can post here?
fran2
111 Posts
Hi Tulip 65,

You can go to http://www.cancer.ca search type in peer support, or call CCS at 1-888-939-3333.  My peer support worker has been brilliant through the whole journey.

Fran
Hi Fran,

It's great to see that you found support through our  Peer Support program. Here's more information for others to check out if they'd like to find out more.

Lynn, admin team

heather1
145 Posts
I love it when people talk about our Peer Support program! I know there are quite a few people on our community who have used the service and found it helpful, and quite a few community members who are also peer support volunteers.

Thought you might enjoy this video we made - interviews with people who used our information and support services. They speak directly to how the services made a difference in their cancer journey.

[tp:youtube id=UAXPUinDXuI]

fran2
111 Posts
Go to cancer .ca.  The 4th subtitle support services on the top
fran2
111 Posts
Also,  Go on cancer connects website under off topics and see what heather from admin posted
Kaimana
88 Posts
I love my Peer Support Worker.  I was pretty specific re: who I wanted to talk with, and CCS delivered.  We had weekly calls, and continue to chat from time to time - so nice to have someone who can relate/share experiences with me like that.  Highly recommended.
Ohmy
124 Posts
I have reached out to a peer helper and we plan to connect on Tuesday. This on line support has been so helpful for me so far ( only a few days in even). I'm sure having a person to talk to will be a great suppprt.
+ Reply