+ Reply
Jeanne passed on Saturday
gcomputes
39 Posts

I just wanted to update that Jeanne passed on Saturday morning. She is finally free of pain and is at peace. To those who are battling pancreatic cancer -believe there is hope, Jeanne was told she only had 6 months without chemo and 12 months with chemo. That was August 2019 so she lasted 2 years and 4 months. She went to hospice in Newmarket on the Wednesday and I cannot express how wonderful it was there and how the staff took care of us. Her son took her to a Maple Leaf game 3 weeks ago and it was one of the most special nights of her life. My Mum who is 91 is struggling with losing her as we all are. There will be a celebration of life in the spring. One of nephews works at a conservation area and it will be an outdoor event - if covid allows. Jeanne's obituary is online at Egan's funeral home in Bolton. Her picture was taken the night of the hockey game. If you take a moment to look you will see a gentle soul with the most beautiful smile. She never once complained at what she had to go through to stay with us. Beside the chemo she also went through months of dialysis. Jeanne leaves her two sons and 5 year old twin grandchildren. She was my sister and best friend, I will miss her terribly. I want to thank you for the support in reaching out to me along her journey.

8 Replies
Brighty
8442 Posts

@gcomputes im so sorry for the loss of your beloved sister. My heart goes out to you and your family at this terrible time. She was such a fighter and now shes at peace. I hope your beautiful memories will bring a smile to your face. I hope you keep in touch with us,wecwould like to hear how you are doing from time to time.

Runner Girl
2730 Posts

@gcomputes

Please accept my most sincere condolences on the passing of your beloved sister. You are so right, she is finally pain free and at peace.

Please feel free to join us in the Coping with Grief group if you find yourself needing support as the grief process proceeds.

Runner Girl

supersu
1102 Posts

@gcomputes

many condolences to you and all those who loved Jeanne. she sounds like the best sister evah!

thank you so much for sharing her with us here in the cancer connection community. your generosity has no doubt helped others.

hospice care really is for the resident and the family - happy you all had that support during the final chapters of Jeanne's story.

keep well and thank you again for your update. please continue to participate here if you are interested. you are part of the community and your writing is beautiful-your love for your sister is so well conveyed in your words.

hugs
su

#pancreaticcancer #finalchapters #lovedonesneverleaveus #hospicecareforthewholefamily

Cupcakes
158 Posts

So very sorry for your loss @gcomputes your love for Jeanne shines through in your words for her. Sending you comfort and so much love during this difficult time. The hope you have provided is inspiring. Thank you ❤️

@gcomputes I am so sorry to hear Jeanne’s passing. What a blessing that you were able to share so many lovely moments with her at such a difficult time. She is radiating such pure joy in her photo. Please know your posts had me reaching out to my own sister a little bit more 💛

Essjay
1955 Posts

@gcomputes so sorry for the loss of your beloved Jeannie. I hope you can find some peace xx

MCoaster
744 Posts

@gcomputes My heart goes out to you and your family. Your sister was surrounded by so much love and caring and I know she will live on in everyone's thoughts as someone who knew how to love and be loved. A very special sister and part of a special loving family. 🌸

Thank you for allowing us to share.

Hugs.

MCoaster

@gcomputes

It's taken me a few days to get it together to respond to this news. It took me back to some of the first posts I responded to after my wife died of pancreatic cancer.

My condolences. Take your time with the grief and let yourself feel the feelings. It is a loss.

To see the beautiful acceptance and peace that happened in this journey with your sister reinforces the value of what we do here. Thanks for the privilege of allowing us to accompany you on the journey with Jeanne.

Angus

+ Reply