+ Reply
New here
Angsbird
1 Posts
I have stage 4 pancreatic cancer metastasized to my liver (terminal) hoping to talk to others in similar situations. Was diagnosed in May and feeling all the emotions still.

Thanks,
Ang
8 Replies
Boby1511
1037 Posts

@Angsbird

hi there, sorry to meet you here.

I too am stage 4, although not pancreatic. I do know someone with the same diagnosis, he's been stage 4 a couple years now.

You get a palliative doc yet? I do like mine.

Sending you warm hugs.

supersu
1102 Posts

@Angsbird

hello and welcome to this community.

this is a place for connection, support and sharing of stories.

I am really glad that you found us.
what a devastating diagnosis - of course you are feeling all the emotions! my dad was also diagnosed at stage 4….apparently this is not rare, as it is a very 'quiet' cancer.
I also have a pal who was diagnosed with his stage 4 pancreatic cancer about the same time as I was diagnosed with my breast cancer: spring of 2020. my buddy has done very well over the last 18 months; so each and every story is really individual.

what has happened for you since your dx in May? do you have support at home or close by? have you connected with a team for medical support?

cancer is tough.
stage 4 cancer is really tough.
stage 4 cancer in COVID is really really tough.

please let us know, as you move along in your story, how we can support you.

sending my virtual heartfelt hugs
su

#stage4diagnosis #pancreaticcancer

law1
697 Posts

Welcome, @Angsbird ….and virtual hugs and strength to you on your journey. I am glad to read of others' similar experiences and you are a brave soul.

JustJan
1540 Posts

@Angsbird welcome to what I hope you will find to be a caring and supportive community. I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis and I can only imagine how your mind is swirling at the moment. There is a forum called Living with Advanced Cancer that you might find helpful and where you can connect with others with similar experiences . It can be found at this link: https://cancerconnection.ca/discussions/viewcategory/12232

Thanks for having the courage to share your story. We are here to listen and help support you.

#Pancreaticcancer #advancedcancer

gcomputes
39 Posts

Hi Ang,

My sister was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in August 2019. She has been on chemo and has made it through the 2 year mark. She is getting weaker now but we celebrate her fight to be here with us for the last 2 years.

Dave58
424 Posts

@Angsbird Hi, I'm so sorry you have the need to find us, but so glad you did. This is a very loving and caring group of pure misfits as you'll ever find. But we're your misfits now as in here we are Family and now your are too. Rant, cry,scream, ask ANY question you feel you need too and there will be someone here that has been through it and can help.

I'm stage 4 lung cancer that's spread to my lymph nodes, right lung and into my liver and into my bones. I also have 2 tumors in my brain now. Today is my 1st day of chemo and I will have more info this afternoon.

Believe me I know most of what emotions you're going through and will help you in what ever I can. PM me if you like any time

Dauntless
138 Posts
Dave58‍ , so glad you found this site. I remember your first post, and now you have become a great adviser, with your understanding, mixed with a sense of humor.
Keep on Posting to all us Misfits out there,
Dianne (Dauntless)
MommyT
137 Posts
Angsbird‍ . So sorry you are here - I second what Dave58‍ says ... We are here for you!

Do seek out some counselling from the Cancer Clinic. They are trained and know exactly how to help you! This is such a scary disease!

You are in my prayers. Take good care. 🙏🙏
+ Reply