+ Reply
progress
sun46
129 Posts
Hi there, I am in 2nd week post single mastectomy and sentnel node biopsy. The pain seems to come go thru the day, exercises are easier but tge drain is driving me. It's starting to get slower and less finally so hopefully a couple more days. Again the waiting for the results is causing some anxiety but shouldn't be any surprises I don't think. The first time I looked at my scar, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't think that the loss of a breast would affect but it did. It is a part of your body that you had for so long. I realized after my emotional breakdown that it is still healing and the surgeon left skin for reconstruction so it didn't look so bad. I haven't shown my husband yet, not sure why. Radiation starts in December so getting there. I am still emotional. I finally told my work and coworkers, I have learned you need to tell people in your circle and allow ppl to help you if you need it. This is big for me as i am a private person.

3 Replies
Whitelilies
2656 Posts

@sun46 Hi…..thank you for letting us know how you are doing….you ARE healing…..and it IS a “big” thing to tell others/(your co workers)……like a release, of sorts, to “share”….focus on you & getting stronger each day.

Warmly

Whitelilies

#healing

chrys21
158 Posts

@sun46

I totally relate as a private person as well - I wish I could have been more open with others because you’re absolutely right - you do need to tell others, ask for, and accept help. Good for you for seeing this early in your journey. I hope you get all the support you need!

all the best

Essjay
2156 Posts

@sun46 glad you’ve reached out…even if you don’t want to talk about it, just having people know you are going through stuff helps xx

sounds like you are healing ok…

My hubby helped me shower a couple of days after my lumpectomy and he was pretty shocked at the wound and the bruising. It took him a full year to be able to touch me…and I get it, you want to protect him and yourself from the pain…

One day at a time is all we can do in this journey xx

+ Reply