+ Reply
CIBC Run for the Cure Video

Are you participating this year?

5 Replies
supersu
1369 Posts

@Lacey_Moderator
still wearing an air cast, but will be volunteering on RACE DAY!

say hi if you are picking up your T-Shirt on the day in the lovely Hawrylak Park.

have a great walk/run everyone!

cheers
su

#CIBCRunfortheCure #breastcancer #whoareyourunningfor #icantwalkbuticancrossnamesoffalist

@supersu- YOU are a SUPERSTAR!

Cyf
46 Posts

@Lacey_Moderator I really want to!

Runner Girl
3008 Posts

@Lacey_Moderator
I am participating again this year - 5 years now.

hailo
25 Posts

@Lacey_Moderator

I'm not sure yet.
If I do, I would put "for all my homies in cancerconnection.ca and beyond" on the "I'm running for .." part of the t-shirt (do they still do that?).

I participated in this event every year for over a decade, almost a decade ago. I ran for the mothers and aunts of a few friends who had it. Back then and being "young", getting breast cancer in my life never crossed my mind. It wasn't in my family history.

Fast forward.

I was a few days out of surgery when the Run happened last year. I couldn't watch the commercials without bawling. I participated all those runs without paying attention to my own breasts.

I remember discussing last year's commercial with someone. It showed a woman baring her mastectomy scars. Someone who was bald and going through chemo. A young person. As uncomfortable it might be to show them, they are true realities for many of us. We are all the 1 in 8.

*high fives* to everyone who is participating.

+ Reply