+ Reply
first Chemo Appointment
Jewels
5 Posts

I am starting my first chemo appointment tomorrow and feeling very anxious. I feel so disorganized and I don't know what to expect so scared as well.

What happened at your first appointment?

9 Replies

Hello @Jewels - I remember so well the night before my first chemo ( also breast cancer ). I was super scared and super emotional once there.

I would say drink and bring plenty of water, take the anti nausea if they have been given to you, bring a snack, a distraction - music, journal, crossword, book etc. Dress in layers so you can be comfortable whatever the temp in the room. I'm a litle weird ( for a lot of reasons lol ) but since mine was going into an IV on my hand, I had my nails done and blinged up my fingers with rings.

The nurses were so good at explaining everything and they understand the fears and emotions. ( bring tissues ;) )

I think I was there for about 3-4 hours

How many chemo appointments will you be doing?

Lianne

Jewels
5 Posts

I will be having 8 sessions every 2 weeks. I am super scared. I will be bringing my book and water. Maybe I should ask for the IV in my feet. Because of my work I don't do my nails lol. I feel like I have been emotional since being diagnosed lol.

Cyf
30 Posts

@Jewels

Best of luck today! Are they letting someone go with you? They often do because they provide you with a lot of information. The chemo nurse are rock stars! Hope all goes well.

@Jewels

Hope all goes well today. Let us know how you made out if you are comfortable doing so

Lianne

Sadie12
185 Posts

@Jewels

If all went as planned, I will say ‘Congratulations, you are already through the first one!’.

I know everyone reacts differently, but my oncologist told me at this time that I'd feel like I had the flu for 3 days and then start getting better.

I think you got this info above but YES - WATER! Also, keep a couple of soda crackers beside the bed…first thing to nibble on. I was told to treat nausea the minute you feel a wave…don't try to duke it out.

Let us know how you made out!

Sadie

JustJan
1628 Posts

@Jewels I hope your treatment went well yesterday and that you are feeling less anxious today.Drink lots of water and rest well.

Jewels
5 Posts

Hello,

No they didn't let anyone go with me. It went good. I am feeling sleepy and naucious. I did take my Pills for it.

I am going to go to sleep now.

I hope everything is good with you.

Juliet

Jewels
5 Posts

Hello, I am doing ok. I can't keep yawning. I didnt' duke it out. I took the pills. I also had to give my belly a needle.

I am going back to sleep.

Thank you

Juliet

Whitelilies
2342 Posts

@Jewels HI Juliet……how did your first chemo session go yesterday? How are you feeling?

Share, as you are comfortable….

Regards

Whitelilies

+ Reply