+ Reply
Mistletoe Injections
Rochelle
28 Posts
I completed my treatments for stage 2a TNBC on Sept 15, 2021 (chemo, lumpectomy + 3 nodes, radiation & Capecitabine) and I am currently in recovery mode with NED. I have been seeing a naturopath for just over 1 year and she has supported me from my surgery onward. She has recently recommended mistletoe injections 3x/week for 1 to 2 years to heed off the growth of cancer cells. It is a treatment used in Europe and the product comes from Germany. Just wanted to ask if anyone has experience with these injections? I've attached to info sheets (if it works) for those who might be interested to learn more.
2 Replies

Hi Rochelle,

Congrats on completing treatment and being in recovery mode. How are you feeling?

I can appreciate wanting more information and wanting to know if others have tried this. Did you have a chance to discuss this with your Oncologist before treatment ended? We always suggest talking to your healthcare team before starting complementary therapies. I wanted to share the following info with you:

Mistletoe Extracts (PDQ®)–Patient Version - National Cancer Institute

Naturopathic medicine | Canadian Cancer Society

You can also call our Cancer Information Helpline for additional info at 1-888-939-3333.

Keep us posted,

Lacey

Rochelle
28 Posts
Lacey_Moderator‍ thank you for the links. I am planning to discuss mistletoe with my oncologist at the end of the month before I decide to proceed.
How I'm feeling?...I am getting stronger little by little; such a slow process. I am trying to be patient. I'm having a hard time judging the strength of my cognitive abilities. That tends to shut down too when I push myself physically. I'm starting to make plans to return to work. It will be very gradual. I think it's time to see what I can handle.
+ Reply