+ Reply
mammogram

Since being discharged from BC Cancer (Oct. 2020) I was told that I would need mammograms every 6 months for 5 years. I would also have a physical exam by my family Doctor every 6 months for 5 years.

I am happy to share that my mammograms have been good that I will now get them yearly instead of every 6 months. Yeah!!

Plus I had an ultrasound as my family Doctor had found a ledge in my right breast during my examination. The ultrasound technician told me at the end of the procedure that she didn't have to measure anything. During this journey that I am on, I have learned that the ultrasound technician measures when there is something of concern and adds it to the documentation. Nothing to measure is a good thing.

So happy!! Mammograms make me nervous now, let alone waiting for the results.

2 Replies

@Buffythevampire

Just seeing this now. Such great news! Thank you for the wonderful update.

If you are up to it, you may also want to post this in our Ring our Virtual Bell thread here: https://cancerconnection.ca/discussions/viewtopic/80/66268?post_id=365676#p365676

Congratulations!

Lianne

supersu
727 Posts

@Buffythevampire

congratulations on your ‘graduation’ to 1X year diagnostics. that is truly something to celebrate. 🎉

isn't it funny how we patients learn to ‘read the room’.

I know that I notice every facial expression, every click of the machine, and every word that the technologists utter. it all become entrenched into my brain and I dissect it over and over to try to decipher the ‘meaning’ of every simple thing. I have worried about the phrase ‘have a nice day’ for way too long after particularly stressful appointments. ha ha

good luck with it all going forward; thank you for sharing this positive part of your story.

cheers
su

#breastcancer #scanxiety #mammogram #breastultrasound

+ Reply