+ Reply
TNBC and Immunotherapy
ACH2015
2147 Posts

Hi, I am usually answering members questions here, and this time, I am seeking input.

A friend of mine has had a recurrence of cancer. This time she is deemed as having TNBC.

Current regime is weekly chemo - with no breaks. Dosage is dependent and adjusted on pre blood work results.

Has anyone participated in any immunotherapy or clinical trial drugs within the past year or so? Ontario or Quebec preferably.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

Keep Well

ACH2015

12 Replies
Runner Girl
2144 Posts

Hi @ACH2015

Knowing you as I do I presume you have done your research already on this topic. I've found a few things I'll post, in case you've missed them.

U.S. Food and Drug Administration granted accelerated approval to Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy) for the treatment of adult patients with triple-negative breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body.

On July 26, 2021, the Food and Drug Administration approved pembrolizumab (Keytruda, Merck) for high-risk, early-stage, triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) in combination with chemotherapy as neoadjuvant treatment, and then continued as a single agent as adjuvant treatment after surgery.

FDA also granted regular approval to pembrolizumab in combination with chemotherapy for patients with locally recurrent unresectable or metastatic TNBC whose tumors express PD-L1 (Combined Positive Score [CPS] ≥10) as determined by an FDA approved test. FDA granted accelerated approval to pembrolizumab for this indication in November 2020.

I keep seeing ads for this - TrialJectory - Free cancer treatment decision assistant powered by AI + people who care. Access to best advanced cancer treatment options + 24/7 support. 100% Free.

I don't know if any of this is new to you but I hope you can find something to assist your friend.

Runner Girl

Mammabear
200 Posts

I know a stage 4 triple negative woman. Not on Cancerconnection but on Instagram itisjustastage . She is in BC and on immunotherapy. Paid for by the BC Cancer companionate access program. She is stable. I believe she also still has some chemo.

ACH2015
2147 Posts

Any chance you could get in touch with her please. I'd like to know the drug(s) she is on. You can always PM me @Mammabear

Thank you!

ACH2015

@ACH2015 Steven was on Opdivo (Nivolumab) for his melanoma and not sure it is used for breast cancer. Happy to answer any questions though!

ACH2015
2147 Posts

Hi @NickytheCanuck

Thanks for the response. The drug(s) need to be specific to TNBC, in Canada (Quebec or Ontario) and be either a front line treatment or a clinical trial.

I have found several trials, however may are only phase 1, or double blind, or involve chemo drugs my friend is unable to tolerate given past experience.

Hope you and Steven are well and good to hear from you!

ACH2015

ACH2015
2147 Posts

@Runner Girl,

Thank you very much for your research and reply.

I've copied down the info to both look at and pass on.

Very frustrating when provinces make their own decisions vs universal application of covered treatments.

Keep well, and always appreciated.

ACH2015

JustJan
1033 Posts

@ACH2015 she may also want to discuss Olaparib which is a PARP inhibitor so a targeted therapy rather than immunotherapy. This drug is used in the US for TN metastic breast cancer. Not sure about in Canada. I am on it for ovarian cancer, but my breast oncologist said it will also be good for my breast cancer (I do not have metastatic disease). She said it hadn’t been approved for breast cancer at that point but that was almost two years ago now. Never hurts to ask!

I hope your friend can find a non-chemo treatment.

ACH2015
2147 Posts

Thanks @JustJan

I am concentrating on Canadian treatments, and more so in Quebec. I agree the target therapies are another possibility. I did find a clinical trial involving immunotherapy for TNBC. It starts soon in Quebec. Fingers crossed Johanne is a candidate.

Keep well

ACH2015

Mammabear
200 Posts

My friend is on nab-paclitaxel and atezolizumab (tecentriq). She is stage 4 and asked if you have a recurrence with metastases.

Runner Girl
2144 Posts

@ACH2015

Wanted to tag you so you can respond to @Mammabear

Runner Girl

ACH2015
2147 Posts

Thank you @MommaBear for the additional info and @Runner Girl for the tag.

I will look into this.

ACH2015

Lala74
33 Posts

Hi @ACH2015 im going to send u a pm

+ Reply