+ Reply
Bilateral breast cancer with multiple tumors
my46
1 Posts

Hi Ladies

I am new in this forum. I was diagnosed Breast Cancer on August, 2020 , I had cancer with 2 stages on both of my breast. My left breast had stage0 DCIS 5cm (grade 3) and beside it there were stage 1B IDC with multi focal tumors ( grade 2) of 1.7cm , 0.8cm, 0.3cm, 0.2cm, 0.2cm. My right breast again I had stage0 DCIS 0.8cm ( grade 2) and stage1A IDC 0.9cm (grade 2). No lymph nodes involved.

I done all my treatments included of Bilateral Mastectomy, 4 chemos, 15 radiation and taking Tamoxifen. Right after my surgery my oncologist send my breast cancer sample to USA to get mamma print to see i am benefit from chemo. When the result come back with 19% risk of recurrence but I took chemos, radiation and Tamoxifen, it will bring down to 7% of risk of recurrence. I am very scare, I had 2 young kids 7 and 13. I am 46 this year. Anyone long term BC survivors whom had the same condition like my case , please contact me to share some experience and support for this journey.

4 Replies
supersu
263 Posts

@my46

welcome to this community!

you have found a great place to ask questions, and share your experience with others as we can share ours with you.

congratulations on completing your surgeries, chemo & radiation and moving onto the daily AI therapy. you have done some very hard things….you must be very happy to be thru that part of your story.

every single cancer patient understands you being scared. truly.

I had my treatments all finished by august 2020, and I am on my ‘pill a day to keep cancer away’…….BUT every ache, every pain and every weird medical thing that crops up, I am convinced I can blame it on my breast cancer. so far, so good for me. I have gotten tons of great information from others on here. please come here often if you like and ask anything---lots of information. who is better than other patients??? these people ‘GET IT.’

I keep coming back here because I keep reading the stories of folks on these forums and see many many people who are living their full lives, years after their diagnosis, and I hope the same for you & me.

keep well, enjoy your kids,
cheers & hugs
su

#aftercancer #breastcancer #fearofrecurrence

@my46 Welcome to the site, and congratulations on finishing your active treatments.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011 (symptoms started in 2010) when I was 49. I had both IDC and DCIS in my left breast along with two cancerous sentinel nodes. I was stage 2b and grade 2.

For treatment, I had a single mastectomy, chemo, and radiation, followed by taking Tamoxifen for 7 years.

So, as you can see, I'm still standing, so I hope that gives you a little more confidence about living life to the fullest with your children. While there are no guarantees, there is still lots of hope.

Hang in there.

cancertakesflight

#Breastcancer #IDC #DCIS

JustJan
740 Posts
my46‍ welcome to the community even though I am sorry you find yourself here.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in January 2019 and ovarian cancer just a few months later. I too worry about recurrence although I have done everything I can to
help prevent that. I am now over two years past my diagnosis and find the thoughts of recurrence lessening. I am feeling more like the person I was before cancer, but realize I never will be completely the same.

Spend time with your family and embrace all the moments. I think a cancer diagnosis makes us realize just how important the moments are.

If you are having trouble moving forward, perhaps speaking to a social worker at the cancer centre may help you. I found them extremely helpful after I was done my treatment.

Most of all be kind to yourself. Having cancer and going through treatment is really hard both physically and emotionally. We are here to support you whenever you feel you need it.

Mammabear
164 Posts

You are considered cured so celebrate that but I get it… the fear is real. Cancer does come back. 7% seems like a small number, but if it returns 7% is a huge number.

Listen to your body. Mine came back. I am now stage 4 and have been for almost 2 years. I am stable and living my life. I did chemo twice, lost my hair twice, recovered twice. So if it does come back, it is not the death sentence it once was.

There are new treatments every day. Live your life, enjoy your family, you will be around to watch them grow.

+ Reply