+ Reply
Official Diagnosis
Baba67
7 Posts
Hi all. I met with my surgeon again yesterday, now that she had the pathology and MRI reports. My official diagnosis is Invasive Mammary Carcinoma multifocal. Nothing was found in my left breast and there were no signs of lymph node involvement but during my right breast mastectomy they will perform a right sentinel lymph node biopsy just in case.

Lump 1 is ER Positive 99%, strong intensity and PR Positive 65% strong intensity.

Lump 2 is ER Positive, 99% strong intensity, PR Positive 95% strong intensity.

I have no clue what these numbers mean and my head is swimming. Anyone in the same or similar boat that can explain these numbers to me. Thanks
5 Replies
Baba67
7 Posts
Just to add for both lumps: HER2neu: NEGATIVE (SCORE+1) FOR PROTEIN OVEREXPRESSION BY IHC, whatever that means.
Kellbella
25 Posts
The ER+/PR+ strength suggests your cancer will be very responsive to hormonal therapy, so that's a good thing. Her 2+ is often treated differently and can be more aggressive (from my understanding) so being ER+/PR+ Her 2- is a good thing, although there are treatments for Her2+ as well. No lymph involvement is a good thing. Your oncologist should tell you more about your stage and the grade of your cancer. That will give you more information.
JustJan
449 Posts
Baba67‍, I’m glad you had your followup with your surgeon and that you now have a plan. Those pathology reports are very confusing to read that’s for sure. After your surgery, there will be a final pathology report and some of the information can change so I wouldn’t want you to be surprised by that.

I believe Kellbella‍ explained the other numbers.
Baba67
7 Posts
Thank you for the explanation. Things are a bit clearer now.
Baba67‍ all things considered this is very good news. No lymph involvement means you're likely stage 2 which is very treatable, and the hormone receptive positivity means you have a proven targeted treatments plan ahead of you. It's scary and stressful, but of all the shit, this is of the lesser s***** s***. Deep breaths and sending positivity your way!!
+ Reply