Triple Negative -new

Re: Triple Negative -new

Posted by County Girl on Nov 4, 2020 8:16 am

SueZQ‍ I have Triple Negative, diagnosed in May 2020. I had a PICC line put in before FEC D chemo. It didn’t hurt at all and didn’t seem to take too long. Once it’s in, it doesn’t hurt. It’s a little limiting because you shouldn’t carry heavy things with that arm and lounging in a nice bath is more challenging but it’s not impossible. I am a golfer and I wasn’t able to golf but I still went with a friend a few times to act as a cheer leader. It’s much better for chemo to have the PICC line to use. Within a couple days you’ll forget you have it in sometimes. It’s a bump in the road to recovery. Good luck. 

Posted by SueZQ on Nov 4, 2020 9:04 am

Thanks Country Girl‍! That's reassuring. Appointment is at 10:30 and I was starting to stress 😊

Posted by Sky108 on Nov 6, 2020 12:02 am

Hi SueZQ, 
I'm a little late joining this discussion but it is so good to be chatting with other Canadian TNBC warrior ladies. I was diagnosed Stage 2 in July and had a lumpectomy with breast reduction instead of the double mastectomy I originally asked for. I'm really glad the surgeon proposed this option. I'm now half way through chemotherapy, ( which followed surgery by about a month)  finished 4 AC and have had my first double dose Taxol. I'm very grateful to have gotten a port catheter put into my chest for not only the chemo infusions but also for blood draws. My arm veins are very hard to find. Ports are common in US but not so much in Canada. I had to really push to get one. I'm sure your PICC will be just as helpful. 
Please let me know if there's anything I can offer for help as you make your way. So much wisdom and kindness in this group. Wishing you well....

Posted by IlaE on Nov 6, 2020 8:37 am

Hi SueZQ‍ 
I was also in chemo yesterday and was thinking of you and your first time. My wishes for your treatment to have gone smoothly. Sending you wishes for lots of self care over the next few days and that your side effects are manageable. hopefully by Monday or Tuesday you will feel like you’ve turned a corner and are feeling better and better every day. 
Xoxox 
Ila 

Posted by SueZQ on Nov 6, 2020 9:09 am

Thank you Sky108‍ and IlaE‍ !
I'm feeling loopy and nauseous. Got a pretty good sleep though. One day at a time!
It's so great to hear from people going through the same things (though I'm sorry you have to be here).
Sue

Posted by DoubleD on Nov 14, 2020 12:52 pm

HI SueZQ‍ 

I had stage 3 tripple negative breast cancer this year. I started with chemo first. They recommend this for 2 reasons. It helps to shrink the tumer and makes it easier to remove ( I just had a lumpectomy and auxiliary lymp node dissection) second it stops the spread of the cancer. 
I had 8 rounds. Then had surgery and after that, radiation. 
this all started in Dec 2019 and I compleated the radiation in July of this year. 
I was treated at Princes Margaret Hospital in Toronto.  

My tumor went from 3cn by 5cn to 1cn by 2cn. When I compleated chemo and the cancer seemed to be gone from my infected lymph node. 
We went with the removal of the lymph nodes just to be safe but they came back with no cancer present.
If I had to do that over, I would have asked them to put dye in the lymph nodes during surgery to check first befor removing them. The reason is I know have lymphoma in my breast, trunk and alittle in my arm. 

I hope this is helpfull for you. 
feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

DoubleD

Posted by SueZQ on Nov 15, 2020 9:48 am

Hi DoubleD‍ ! I swear I replied to this yesterday, but I don't see the post . Thanks for the info about the lymph nodes. I will definitely ask when I get to that point!
I'm hoping to get good news about tumor shrinkage. Not sure how long it takes before a response is seen. So far I'm sure it's still growing.

Posted by ChemoSucks on Nov 15, 2020 11:39 am

I was diagnosed in July 2019 with TNBC at 33 years old. I did chemo, then double mastectomy and then more chemo (oral). I did not do radiation. 

Posted by DoubleD on Nov 15, 2020 6:51 pm

Hi SueZQ‍,

For me the chemo worked very quick. 
my body responded well and we started seeing a diffrence after the 2nd treatment but I am not sure that is the norm. Everyones body is diffrent. 
just hang in there girl! Things do get better. 
I am not sure if you are intrested in giving meditation a try. I meditated everyday with a guided meditation.
I would do it in bed before going to sleep and most of the time I fell to sleep listening to it. LOL
but I feel like my body still took in the information.  I used free meditations from honest guys on YouTube and meditation oasses.com they have podcasts. I would also do this when getting chemo. 
Sending you lots of good energy!!

DoubleD

Posted by Cherry on Nov 17, 2020 1:23 pm

Hi all,
Just sharing with you that my Doc was happy with my bone scan.He sees the affect of radiation on the sternum patch, although he said it would take 6 months to a year to disappear. So for now I am good till anything appears again. Follow up in 6 months with another bone scan. Wondering why an organ scan is not being done. Anyway I am happy 😊 
cherry

Posted by ashcon on Nov 18, 2020 8:27 am

Cherry‍, congratulations! What a relief to know that the radiation is doing what it's supposed to do.
Good question about the organ scan. One worth asking your doc about. 
I recall having to stay on top of my tests during and post treatment. It was not uncommon for me to say, "So the last (xx) scan I had done was in (month) with these results.  When would be a good time to repeat that scan/test?" 

Good luck and do a little happy dance today! 
---- "Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced." ----