CIBC Run for the Cure

CIBC Run for the Cure

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Sep 16, 2020 10:57 am

Even with breast cancer in our lives, we never stop running. That’s why this year, we invite you to join the re-imagined Canadian Cancer Society CIBC Run for the Cure on October 4, 2020. To sign up or get more information click here!

Comment below if you have already signed up or participated in the past 👍

Re: CIBC Run for the Cure

Posted by Runner Girl on Sep 16, 2020 11:02 am

Lacey_Moderator‍ ,

I signed up in May for my third Run for the Cure.  Last night I surpassed my fundraising goal, which, in these tough economic times is simply awesome.

Runner Girl 
Never stop believing in HOPE because MIRACLES happen every day!

Posted by Kims1961 on Sep 16, 2020 6:26 pm

This is such a great event.  I could do it virtually - way before doing a "virtual" run was a thing!  It's the perfect event for physical distancing but also physical health.  Do what you can - enjoy some Fall Weather and proceeds go to such a worthy cause.

Kim
Attached files
Her2+, ER+ Bilateral mastectomy in 2017, followed by chemo and radiation. Mack and Hannah's mom

Posted by WestCoastSailor on Sep 17, 2020 9:32 pm

Lacey_Moderator‍ 

I too have signed up though I waited for mid August to make sure I could do it. I set a very modest fundraising goal which when a certain person ( Runner Girl‍   )mentioned a pink tutu inspired a donor to kickin well over my goal to have me run in it. So not only do I get a pink Tshirt -when do I get that? - but I'm looking for a pink tutu. Apparently my good friend was part of a team that has some surplus but failing that I have been informed that they are available at Party City...

Great cause and great fun. Looking forward to it.

Angus
My story: http://journey.anguspratt.ca