Tamoxifen & Radiation Started

Re: Tamoxifen & Radiation Started

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Jul 1, 2020 3:06 pm

orchid*lover*‍ 

I just wanted to mention my experience with Tamoxifen, because it is not all that uncommon, but often people don't take the time to write about when things are going well.  I was on Tamoxiffen for 4.5 years before I switched to Exemestane ( I was pre-menopausal when I was diagnosed but once I was post menopausal I was switched to an AI - Aromatase Inhibitor) In the time I was on Tamoxifen, I rarely had any side effects. The occasional hot flash - maybe 6 a year, and the occasional ankle swelling. That's it.

I wish you well with your radiation and as you continue with the Herceptin.

Keep us posted how you are doing

Lianne

Re: Tamoxifen & Radiation Started

Posted by orchid*lover* on Jul 3, 2020 1:27 pm

Thank you Liane, it's great to hear the good news for sure!! I think I will have gone thru menopause by the time I start Tamoxifen, I haven't had my period for almost 1 year...and I need to finish Herceptin before I start Tamoxifen I believe is what the oncologist said. I did take HRT when I was perimenopausal as my hot flashes were brutal and no sleep.  In hind sight of course I regret this as I know it can contribute to breast cancer risk. Thank you again for the encouraging words!!