Breast cancer

Breast cancer

Posted by Proudns on Dec 22, 2019 6:06 pm

My name is proudns I was just diagnosed with breast cancer a few days ago. Going for my lumpectomy on January 2 scared but I'll be strong I think

Re: Breast cancer

Posted by Wendy Tea on Dec 22, 2019 6:27 pm

Hi
Proudns‍ welcome to this site filled with wonderful people. I am truly sorry you find yourself here but this is a safe place. 

On January 2nd I am having my first mammogram on my remaining breast after having a mastectomy last spring. I will definitely be thinking of you. If you have any questions, we can help. Don't be scared. Meanwhile have a relaxing holiday and stay healthy.

Best wishes 
Wendy Tea 
I am a survivor. Wendy Tea

Posted by Essjay on Dec 23, 2019 7:56 am

Hi Proudns‍ welcome to the community. Enjoy your Christmas - hopefully it’s a good distraction before your surgery. Just stay away from colds!
best wishes Essjay
Triple Negative Breast Cancer survivor since July 2018

Posted by Charper on Dec 23, 2019 10:14 am

Hi Proudns‍, I am sorry that you find yourself  here but this is a safe place to ask questions, vent or just talk. I was diagnosed early November with idc I went for a lumpectomy on Friday. Do you have any information about your diagnosis?  You are strong and you will get through this. Sending love and hugs.

Posted by Runner Girl on Dec 23, 2019 11:06 am

Hello Proudns‍ ,

I'm sorry for what brings you to this site, but glad you were able to find it and receive the wonderful messages of support from women who have been there.  

You already sound very strong and decisive, those qualities will serve you well as you proceed on your breast cancer journey.  

I was diagnosed with IDC in May, 2018 and had a lumpectomy 2 weeks after diagnosis.  The lead up to surgery is a scary time, but hopefully you can put those thoughts aside and enjoy the Christmas season.  

We will be here to support you thru your journey, feel free to reach out any time you need anything.

Runner Girl
Never stop believing in HOPE because MIRACLES happen every day!

Posted by Proudns on Dec 23, 2019 11:37 am

Thank you everyone for the great advice. MERRY CHRISTMAS  ALL!!!

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Jan 7, 2020 10:55 am

Proudns‍ 

It has been a little while since your initial diagnosis. How are you doing?

I look forward to hearing from you,
Lacey