Pain revisited

Pain revisited

Posted by Ten_minutes on Nov 9, 2019 10:12 am

Guess I haven’t been writing much these days. I’m just so sick of being sick. Seven weeks since my surgery. For week 5 I was starting to feel less sore and able to do somethings around the house. But last week (week 6) I have just gone backwards. My sons think it is because I am doing things, like cleaning and such, and that is why I am so tired and in pain. I don’t know. I guess part of my tiredness and pain could be contributed to that but I just feel like something is wrong.  This week my right arm, under arm, neck, side and breast hurt SO much. I go see my oncologist on Nov 19 so if things are not better a bit by then I will ask her opinion.  Maybe my nerves that were cut during the operation are healing and that is the reason for pain. My breast seems more swollen. Maybe lymphodema (I’m sure i spelled that wrong) ? Has anyone else felt better for a week or so and then the pain comes back with a vengeance? So confused. I was expecting everyday to be a little better but nope, more pain. Any ideas?  

Re: Pain revisited

Posted by Wendy Tea on Nov 9, 2019 12:19 pm

Ten_minutes‍ I know you have an appointment on the 19th. I see my oncologist that day also. If I were you I would see if you can have a quick chat with your family doctor or phone the nurse hotline at the oncologists office to let them know what is going on.  It is possible they can move up your appointment. Women don't have to suffer in pain. Take action please and be the squeaky wheel when it is something this important. There could be a number of reasons for your pain and exhaustion so lets find out what is going on and get it fixed!
Best wishes
Wendy Tea

Posted by Ten_minutes on Nov 9, 2019 3:41 pm

Good advice. I will try to make an appointment with my family doctor this week. I need my B12 injection anyways.
Hope you are having a good day.
Trish

Posted by mc2 on Nov 10, 2019 7:15 am

Ten_minutes‍  I agree with Wendy Tea and encourage you to definitely try to reach the oncology team and your family Md.  I would recommend both.  And if you saw a physiotherapist for lymphedeoma prevention, call them too.  They may be able to help with pain management from another perspective and it is better to address lympheodema early if it is starting.  Don't wait, just call. Or ask someone to call for you while you are with them.  Nurse practitioner is usually a great contact.  Whatever you need to do to get checked by someone. And you can cry on the phone when you call...It sometimes helps to be listened to ;)  

Take care and keep us posted.