...mastectomy postponed

...mastectomy postponed

Posted by frozenstar on Oct 9, 2019 10:51 pm

Plastic surgeon sent me for a CT scan to check blood flow to my abdomen for reconstruction...instead they found another tumor...he postponed the surgery, they're rethinking the plan, maybe chemo first, its all up in the air now..they are scheduling a PET scan asap...

Re: ...mastectomy postponed

Posted by Catherine6666 on Oct 9, 2019 11:03 pm

frozenstar‍ ,

Sorry to hear that, I will also have CT scan soon. 

Hopefully your new issue is not big deal. Hugs!!! This is a long journey, bad news and good news, .. lets always stay together.

Posted by Kims1961 on Oct 9, 2019 11:06 pm

frozenstar‍ ....Know you are in the company of many who care and understand....I'm glad they are looking at a PET scan asap so you will have more info to work with.  As you have seen on this site, many, many of us have "detours" on the treatment road.  It still sucks but we are here for you.  My oncologist told me that it's a good sign when chemo is offered - it means there are treatment options.  

I see from your profile pictures you have some awesome people in your life.  Reach out and lean on them  . Lean on us.  

Please let us know how you're doing.  Kim

Posted by Runner Girl on Oct 10, 2019 10:18 am

frozenstar‍ ,

I'm sorry they've found another tumor, but I'm glad they've found it now and can deal with it now.  It's good that you're getting the PET scan done quickly so they can figure this out and get you on the correct treatment path.

Try to keep yourself busy and not let your mind wander to the dark side during the wait for the scan.  

We're here to support you thru this.  You are not alone.

Runner Girl

Posted by frozenstar on Oct 10, 2019 12:25 pm

Ty everyone for the kind words and support, it all happens so fast..

Posted by Piperb76 on Oct 11, 2019 1:33 am

Frozenstar,  
I had my appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday.  My tumor is quite large.  It has gotten bigger and has changed since I found it.... I just hate all this waiting!! Letting it grow and do its thing inside of me while waiting for appointments.  I was hoping/expecting to have surgery quickly to get rid of it.  Turns out I will have to get a round of chemo, probably 4-6 months.  The surgeon says my type of cancer responds really well to treatment and it should kill the cancer that is in my lymph nodes already.  He tells me that it is very unlikely it has "rooted" anywhere else in my body... I'm still so scared but what he says does make sense to me.  
I feel what you are going thru... all the ups and downs... its exhausting.  I cried today... it feels like this isn't even my body anymore, not the one I know.
Just waiting (again) for the call to go start chemotherapy.  
Thanks for posting your experiences and feelings.  I do also have wonderful/supportive people in my life that have gotten me to where I am in this journey for sure but sometimes I do feel alone and it helps to come here and read everyone's posts

Posted by frozenstar on Oct 11, 2019 11:09 am

@Piperb76 ty, I am sorry you, and all of us here are going through this. Its all so awful...seems like many of us are in the same boat..the waiting is an agony, and then we never even know if anything will work..Uuuuggghh I hate feeling helpless...I started this journey terrified of treatment...then having to accept I need mastectomy , chemo, rads, and my god I was ignorant of cancer...the cold hard reality of it all...I dont care anymore what they do to me, just please god I want to live.

Posted by BonBon2453 on Oct 12, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi there..I am so sorry about the finding of another tumor but at the same time, happy they found it for you.  When my tumors were found, my team, decided to do 5 months of strong chemo, then 6 weeks of rads, then surgery.  Everything went very well, as could be expected of course.  Because when surgery was done, I found that the chemo had shrunk my tumours a lot, and 13 lymph nodes cancer free.  I was then put on an oral chemo for 5 months to keep it from recurring.  I had stage three triple negative.  I finished the oral chemo a week ago, and I feel great.  I wish you well.  You will beat this.

Posted by mc2 on Oct 12, 2019 4:32 pm

frozenstarPiperb76‍   Thinking of you.  Hang in there.  And thanks BonBon2453‍ with congrats on end of chemo and glad to hear you are feeling great. 

Posted by JustJan on Oct 13, 2019 8:10 am

Piperb76‍ , I had a similar thing happen to me. When I went to see the Oncologist after my lumpectomy (Stage 1 IDC, TN) she ran a baseline CT scan. Scan revealed a mass on my ovary.  Like you, I panicked, I cries but things moved very quickly for me.  I had a surgical consult within a few days. Turned out to be ovarian cancer (another primary site) but stage 1. Oddly I am grateful for the breast cancer because the ovarian likely would have not been caught until a much later stage. I am now undergoing chemo and hope I am done with surprises for a while.  Cancer is a crazy and unpredictable journey but you've got this.

Posted by MyrlaneB on Oct 15, 2019 11:25 am

frozenstar‍  I'm sorry another tumor was detected.  It's good that you will get a PET scan soon.