DC Chemotherapy Anyone

Re: DC Chemotherapy Anyone

Posted by Catherine6666 on Oct 11, 2019 5:43 pm

mamaduck‍ ,

Thanks for so much information. I am still waiting for the oncotype dx score, I believe benefit in percentage is the no. 1 consideration, and then the chemo regimens. It is so good that you spent through. 

Enjoy the weekend.

Posted by Catherine6666 on Oct 11, 2019 5:50 pm

so_chickadee‍ ,

We are in the same province, everything is here: http://www.bccancer.bc.ca/health-professionals/clinical-resources/chemotherapy-protocols/breast

Posted by Essjay on Oct 11, 2019 8:14 pm

Catherine6666‍ The way I looked at things was that if I did what was advised and the cancer comes back, at least I would know we tried everything. If I don't do chemo and the cancer came back, I'd be blaming myself forever...
I was also in the situation that I would need long-term disability through my work insurance, and this would potentially be denied if I didn't follow what was recommended...

Posted by Catherine6666 on Oct 11, 2019 8:53 pm

Essjay‍ ,

You mean they won't agree if you do three weeks cycle? 

I am not working, I always want mild dose and long cycle, and I live close to the hospital, within walking distance, and a good exercise! 

Posted by Essjay on Oct 11, 2019 9:14 pm

One of the questions asked of my docs was ‘did the claimant follow all recommended treatments’. My notes clearly stated what was recommended, what options we discussed and what I agreed to. My claims officer told me that my claim was simple because I’d followed the recommended treatment...made it easy and gave me time for a gradual return to work...

Posted by Catherine6666 on Oct 11, 2019 9:54 pm

Essjay‍ ,

My MO actually gave me option, opt no chemo, but he just did not give option for a light chemo or three weeks cycle, I don't understand . Next time, let me ask this. This is what I want to do, actually.