Mammogram after completing treatments

Mammogram after completing treatments

Posted by Marsh on Oct 8, 2019 9:34 pm

Just curious. For those who have completed their treatments, how long after did you have your next mammogram?

Re: Mammogram after completing treatments

Posted by Essjay on Oct 9, 2019 7:27 am

Hi Marsh‍ I finished chemo in April, radiation in June, and I'm scheduled for my first follow-up mammogram in mid-November with n appointment with my radiation oncologist the following week.

Posted by Misueno on Oct 9, 2019 8:47 am

My mammogram in November 2017 started the journey, followed by biopsy, 2 surgeries, chemotherapy and radiation. In November 2018 I had my next mammogram and am scheduled for another November 1st this year. 

Posted by KathyH on Oct 9, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi Marsh. I had my mammogram November 2018 and biopsy Dec 17. Chemo, surgery and radiation. Radiation doc said 2 months after, oncologist gave me no answer. Spend the morning making my own calls. It's suppose to be once a year. I am not booked and oncologist has not sent in referral. I'm having my family doc do the referral. My oncologist isn't on point. I called our local clinic and you can call OBSP to see if you're in the system if not family doc or oncologist need to send the referral for annual. 

Posted by LPPK on Oct 9, 2019 2:07 pm

Hello Marsh‍ .  I finished my radiation in Jan. 2018 and had my first "after" mammogram July 2018.  I've had my second one July 2019.  It will be yearly for me for 5 years at least.

Posted by dmarie on Oct 9, 2019 2:19 pm

Hello Marsh‍ 

I had surgery last December.Chemo over the winter. Radiation finished at end of June. My first follow=up mammogram was August 22nd. The surgeon ordered it. 

Del

Posted by Marsh on Oct 9, 2019 3:17 pm

Thanks everyone for responding. I just finished my Radiation yesterday! Yippee! I have an appointment with my radiation oncologist in January and my Oncologist in early March, but no one has mentioned mammogram to me.  So I was wondering what the norm is. Looks like 6 months after the end of treatment is normal from your responses.