+ Reply
Covid-19
Emgee
35 Posts

It feels like there should be a discussion forum dedicated to Covid-19. This is a whole new dimension for those of us living with cancer.

7 Replies

@Emgee You make a great point. Covid-19 has had a real impact on everyone, particularly cancer patients and caregivers. There are so many elements to it (for example, physical and emotional), which is why there are references to it on so many parts of the site.

I did a quick search of the site and there are a lot of posts that at least mention Covid-19, with yours being the first one listed.

2ecf829e78df7d60754ef8c1959d33d8-origina

I even wrote a blog post about it and posted it in the blog section of this site. https://cancerconnection.ca/blogs/870/2062

Emgee
35 Posts

Thank you. I just read your blog post and it is so informative. I’d love to see all the forum discussion posts and blog posts about “Covid cancer” in one location.

supersu
499 Posts

@Emgee

great suggestion - lets tag the moderators and see if this is a possibility!

@Lacey_Moderator
@Lianne_Moderator

cheers
su

#COVIDcancer

@supersu- Thanks for the tag!

@Emgee Thanks for the suggestion! COVID has been a popular topic throughout our forums. While our team reviews this suggestion, I would suggest using the search bar to look for conversations about COVID and use the #COVID-19 tags.

#covid

Eddie
25 Posts

I think covid is well covered by the MSM, this is a cancer support group and with all due respect, it should stay that way…Eddie

Emgee
35 Posts

Hi Eddie, my thoughts were that it could be useful to have a place to talk specifically about the interaction of Covid and cancer, and what things make living with cancer during a pandemic unique and challenging, and offer support for how to address those issues. For example, I have a friend who is recovering from tongue cancer, and struggling because her employer wants her to return to work at a university and she doesn’t feel safe to do that yet, but can still work remotely. There may be lots of media coverage about Covid, but I don’t see much addressing the specific challenges we face living with cancer. I would like a space for this, and not have to search for it. Anyone not interested does not have to take part in that discussion forum If it is set up, which I hope it will be.

Eddie
25 Posts

Hi Emgee,

I think Lacey addressed this very well, the team must review it. You have just opened a space to talk about that in your last comment.

+ Reply