+ Reply
Link to CCS resources easily /Advanced Cancer page access
elle29
782 Posts
Connection access ? #1 Often I find I cannot not access easily the links to read resources on CCS
#2 Also cannot find ‘ Advanced Cancer ‘ page to connect? .
#3 Is there a place on our Dashboard or Profile to save this ? Using them frequently for my searches and when about to review a certain terms prior to speaking with my Doctors or Oncologist .
7 Replies
ACH2015
2198 Posts
Hi elle29

Re: Advanced Cancer: There is a Group you could join and access - Living with Advanced Cancer, under the Groups banner at the top of the page.

Also, this booklet from the CCS Advanced Cancer is one of the many Resource Publications I've found very useful. You might also try going to the CCS site directly Canadian Cancer Society Site as there are a vast number of resources there as well. You may have noticed that many of the resource publications appear at the top right hand side of the page of the many forums to provide additional information to us. It takes time to really get familiar with this site, and asking questions is something that helps us all figure out this place. I've been here on and off since 2017, and there has been a lot of changes and improvements along the way.

Hope this helps, and I am sure others will provide some assistance as well.

Keep safe.

ACH2015
Hi elle29

ACH2015‍ has given a great overview with some great links. www.cancer.ca is where most of our resources are.

Here is a link to the Advanced cancer group: Group Home - CancerConnection.ca. Once you join the group it will show up under my groups on your 'My home' page. You get to my home by clicking Dashboard- My home. Here is a link: myHOME - CancerConnection.ca.

You may find it helpful to review our FAQ: FAQ - CancerConnection.ca

I hope this helps.

Lacey

elle29

It can all be quite confusing. I keep a little cheat note on my computer with links that I use frequently. For instance this one to the Advanced Cancer section of the CCS site (cancer.ca) itself.

https://www.cancer.ca/en/cancer-information/living-with-cancer/advanced-cancer/?region=on There are all kinds of specific areas covered underneath this section.

Angus
elle29

Lots of great tips here. You asked about saving on your dashboard. When you are in a discussion, at the top right of a post you will see three dots. From there you can select Add to bookmarks. This will save that particular discussion to your bookmarks which can also be found under Dashboard > My home.

Hope that helps

Lianne
law1
618 Posts
Lacey_Moderator‍ , Lianne_Moderator‍ , WestCoastSailor‍ , elle29‍ and ACH2015
Thank you for laying out such clear tips for locating connections to Groups and Info web links.
I practice navigating as I still find I become lost when searching for specific Groups, Discussions, old posts, Cancer types, etc.....It's usually my confusion which produces sites I was not aware of so it's actually a win-win for me.!😷
law
elle29
782 Posts
Thankyou . The Canadian Cancer Society link is what I needed .And to learn more about my symptoms/ response of low WBC count lymphocytes on Treatment now with Ibrance Elle 29
elle29
782 Posts
I needed this Canada Cancer Society link had it worded differently Thankyou . Elle29
+ Reply