How did you hear about CancerConnection?

How did you hear about CancerConnection?

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Jul 27, 2020 11:03 am

How did you first hear about CancerConnection?
  • Healthcare Provider
  • Internet
  • A friend or family member
  • Other
Take a second to share below ☺

Lacey

So glad you found us!

Re: How did you hear about CancerConnection?

Posted by Laika57 on Jul 27, 2020 12:44 pm

Google search. I think. Not sure what i was looking for exactly, but it came up, and looked like a good idea to be part of.
Have you hugged your dog today?

Posted by Brighty on Jul 27, 2020 1:51 pm

For me I was seeing a social worker when Dan was sick.    He was looking up some things on the Internet to help get support for me.  Came across the Canadian cancer society.    Thry sent me a bunch of stuff and in there was the information  about the on line support Community.    I hesitated  for a bit but decided  to go for it.   Soooo glad I did.   
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.

Posted by JustJan on Jul 28, 2020 8:07 am

I found it through the Canadian Cancer Society webpage. It is nice to have a Canadian based group as so many of the groups are primarily American. 
Strength doesn't come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't. - Rikki Rogers

Posted by Elsie13 on Jul 28, 2020 10:13 am

When I was having radiation treatments, (starting May 2017) I picked up various leaflets and brochures in the waiting room. One of them was the CCS brochure on Radiation. Inside the back cover was a list of resources, including Cancerconnection. A couple of weeks after my treatments finished, I took  a look and signed up. 
In 2016: diagnosed with stage 2 ovarian cancer. Treatment: hysterectomy, chemo, radiation. Afterwards: No Evidence of Disease!

Posted by Whitelilies on Jul 28, 2020 1:12 pm

Lacey_adminCCS‍ 
I was simply "On The Hunt For Help" (for me).....and found Canadian Cancer Society, and found this site.
HOORAY FOR HELP.....
and support
and kindness
and compassion
and sharing
and friends.

warmly
Lillian

Whitelilies  

Posted by Trillium on Jul 30, 2020 4:15 pm

Internet search for information on testicular cancer then happened to see cancer connection on the main site. So happy to have found you guys and gals! 🥰

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Jul 31, 2020 12:23 pm

I’m an “other”: When Dad started chemo, I made a pill organizer out of a small box for holding embroidery supplies. I wrote to the Cancer Society to share the idea in case it would help other chemo patients, they referred me here and I’ve been here ever since! 

Here’s the idea that got it all started:

70530aab0350a9ac26bf47bf66c58dd8-huge-e0

“When the root is deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.” - Japanese saying

Posted by Carjac87 on Aug 3, 2020 4:06 pm

When I was diagnosed, I just Googled 'cancer support, Canada' & voila!

Jacquie
~Don't sweat the small stuff~ Jacquie