Unable to re-sort a conversation by date

Unable to re-sort a conversation by date

Posted by ashcon on Jul 13, 2020 4:30 pm

Hello!

I just discovered today that the ability to re-sort a conversation by clicking on the "Date" button is not working.  Don't know if this is a new issue or a long-standing one that I just didn't notice before.
This is a problem I've noticed on my Laptop. Haven't tried it yet on my mobile phone.
---- "Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced." ----

Re: Unable to re-sort a conversation by date

Posted by Buffythevampire on Jul 13, 2020 5:15 pm

ashcon‍ I normally use a computer when I am on this site. When I click on the arrow to change the date order it doesn't work for me either. Sometimes I have to click on it a couple of times to get it to behave properly. 

Posted by Laika57 on Jul 13, 2020 9:12 pm

For me, it changes order but today I've found myself on the wrong page a few times. It also always takes me to random posts in discussions when I click a link not to the original nor the most recent post.
Have you hugged your dog today?

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Jul 13, 2020 9:17 pm

Thank you all we will get this sorted haha... Get it 😜

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Jul 15, 2020 3:50 pm

The sort button is working!

Posted by Danae on Aug 2, 2020 1:29 am

Hi,
I'm using mostly, my phone and don't see the option to sort by date, only sort descending or ascending, which seems not put the posts on the right dates. Has that to do because I use the phone?
Thank you in advance 

Posted by Essjay on Aug 25, 2020 1:17 pm

I’m having trouble with this function today, in fact I’m having trouble seeing current posts in general...

Heres a few screen shots to show what I see on my tablet...

screen 1 - latest post by topic
87aa9bbc72372e66629978de60d6b8ff-huge-4d

Screen 2 - click on topic of interest and here’s what I see. Check the date...
6f52994b083ad8c9c0f50e488a182c76-huge-d4

Clicking the date order does nothing, so I scroll to the end of the posts...see the date...
1fd8412126744d6ccc6913dfe4ef3fe5-huge-a8

At the bottom of this post there should be pages and arrows...
cf3a836ab15258e38b504713ed4df9cf-huge-0a

So, I cannot view the latest post, or comment on it...

Essjay, Feeling frustrated...

Triple Negative Breast Cancer survivor since July 2018

Posted by Lianne_Moderato on Aug 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Hi Essjay‍ 
Thanks for this. I am pretty sure I know what is happening I just don't know why.
Yesterday I edited an old post  ( I actually did many from other posts as well ) in that thread to remove profanity that I had stumbled on. Generally an edited post wouldn't show up anywhere as "new" so this should not have displayed .
So there are no new posts in that thread which is why you don't see anything beyond Dec 2019.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for wanting to help someone who may be reaching out.

Lianne

Posted by ashcon on Aug 25, 2020 4:40 pm

Thank you, so it's not just me!
Before, when I clicked on the "date toggle button" at top of a discussion thread, it used to flip it to either the last post in the thread, or the first, depending on whether I clicked it to show the posts in descending or ascending order.
Now clicking on that "date toggle button" does nothing.
I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom, click on the pagination indicator to take it back to first or last page. Only then will the "date toggle button" seem to be functional again.

This problem seems to prevalent when a discussion thread is particularly long, e.g. multiple pages long.

And it occurs on both my laptop and on my mobile.

Also, Is it possible to get the pagination indicator moved to the top of the page within a discussion thread? That will make it easier to navigate to either the first page of a discussion, or the last page, without having to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen in order to do so.
---- "Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced." ----

Posted by Essjay on Aug 27, 2020 9:21 am

ashcon‍ yep, that’s just what’s happening. It’s frustrating as it takes way longer to find the post than it should, and sometimes it’s just enough time for my brain to forget what I’m doing, so I skip it and do something else!
Triple Negative Breast Cancer survivor since July 2018

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Aug 27, 2020 10:37 am

ashcon‍ and Essjay‍ 

Thanks for taking the time to let us know. Sorry for the frustration.

Hoping this will be resolved ASAP.

Lacey