Transportation

Transportation

Posted by Vox on Dec 21, 2019 9:10 pm

Hello, I am told that there is a transportation service (volunteer) in Toronto.  Next week hubby has a ct scan booked.at PMH  I cannot take him as I am having day surgery... can you give me info on this service?... how do I register.... how much does it cost.... will they do it for CT scan or only for chemo

thanks Vox

Re: Transportation

Posted by ACH2015 on Dec 22, 2019 6:48 am

Hi Vox‍ 

The Canadian Cancer Society has a Volunteer Driving Program. If you need a ride to your treatment and you would like to register for our Volunteer Driver Provided Program please call 1-800-263-6750.

Volunteer drivers provide return trips for patients from their home to treatment centres. They offer friendly support and kindness at a time when patients need it most.

New patients who register for volunteer driver provided transportation will be required to pay an annual registration fee.  Patients under the age of 18 are exempt.   If you are unable to pay the full registration fee, you may be eligible for assistance through our compassionate program.   We are committed to ensuring that no patient is denied a ride due to their inability to pay the entire registration fee

Read more: http://www.cancer.ca/en/support-and-services/support-services/transportation-on/?region=on#ixzz68pqovLL6

Hope this helps.

ACH2015

Re: Transportation

Posted by Vox on Dec 22, 2019 7:23 am

Thank you so much for info and link

vox