Replying to messages

Replying to messages

Posted by Moody on Aug 3, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi, I seem to be unable to reply to messages. I select the recipent, compose the message and hit send. It says it is processing but then a message pops up saying message was not sent. It is probably something simple but can't figure it out with my "chemo brain"! Thanks for any help.

Re: Replying to messages

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Aug 3, 2019 8:03 pm

Hi Moody‍ 

Sorry you are having difficulty. Are you trying to reply to a post or a private message?

Lianne

Posted by Moody on Aug 3, 2019 9:18 pm

Hi Lianne, it was a private message.

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Aug 4, 2019 1:00 am

Moody‍ 

When you get a private message on the site, you will get a notification to the email address you registered.
You cannot reply from that email notification. You must go to the site, select Dashboard, My messages. Click on the message.
Once the message is displayed, click on the yellow Reply Options button. Click on the white space above the date and message.
Once you compose your message, click on the yellow Send Message. Your message is then sent

Let me know if you still have trouble

Lianne

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Aug 4, 2019 7:31 am

Moody‍ , if you are replying to a message in your inbox here on the site (in the location Lianne_adminCCS‍ Described), you shouldn’t need to select the recipient. All you need to do is click on the yellow “reply” box (she described that, too).

I have, on occasion, not had a message not send through the site, so I know your frustration. When I’m writing a long message, I will copy all of the text I’ve written, so that if it does not send, I can paste it back into a new message and try again, rather than have to re-create the whole thing.

Posted by Moody on Aug 4, 2019 4:53 pm

Hi Lianne,
I stopped trying to reply on my phone and logged into cancerconnection on my computer. I am not trying to reply from my email. I followed all the steps that you listed. Everything looks look and it says it is processing but does not get sent. Anything else I could try?

Hi Cynthia,
Thanks for the copying tip!