FAQ's

FAQ's

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Oct 17, 2018 1:34 pm

Have questions about navigating the site? Check out our frequently asked questions below.

What are the main features of the site?
How do I protect my privacy on the site?
How do I search the site?
How do I change my profile and account settings?
How do I change my profile photo?
How do the notices to my regular email account work?
How does private messaging work?
Where and how should I post my questions?

Re: FAQ's

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Oct 18, 2018 9:53 am

Something I am encountering now that is different is that my text “runs off” past the right edge of the box when I’m sending a private message.  In order to see what I’ve written, I have to put in hard returns in my message. I is working properly in the box where I’m replying to your forum post.

It sounds as though Brighty‍  is having trouble picking up private messages from her phone, because I sent her two last night (May have forgotten to his the send button on the first one), and after the second one I got a forum post from her. Brighty, your “inbox” is now under the “Dashboard” and is called “My Messages.” Try that.

Posted by Brighty on Oct 18, 2018 10:29 am

Cynthia Mac‍ I found the inbox and got  your private messages  but when I try to reply it gIves me an error message for some reason.  

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Oct 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Cynthia Mac‍ and Brighty‍ 

Thanks for letting us know. Is this happening to you on mobile? Are you able to take a screenshot and send it to us at cancerconnection@cancer.ca.

We look forward to getting this resolved,
Lacey

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Oct 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Hi, Lacey,

I just sent you a private message - couldn’t replicate the “text extending beyond the right edge of the box” issue, but I was able to describe another one to you that I’ve had for a long time, and sent a couple screen shots, too. 

Off to try the next experiment, then to feed the cats and make a fruit bowl!

Cynthia

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Oct 18, 2018 4:41 pm

Thanks so much Cynthia Mac‍! 

Posted by Brighty on Oct 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Lacey_adminCCS‍ Cynthia Mac‍  it happened on the computer!  I can't even send private messages at all from my mobile.     I learned in the summer time how to do a print screen.   If I can remember how to do it, I'll send you a pic of the error message.      

Posted by Brighty on Oct 18, 2018 9:58 pm

Lacey_adminCCS‍ Cynthia Mac‍  I think my private messages are getting sent now.    

Posted by ashcon on Oct 19, 2018 10:58 am

Hi Lacey_adminCCS‍ 

I'm not able to find the "delete" option from within a private message.  Previously, while reading a PM, there was a drop-down menu for "reply", "delete", "archive", etc...
Now I only see the option to "reply".

It would be great to have the other options available as well.

Thanks.

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Oct 19, 2018 11:03 am

I will look into this Ann (ashcon‍ ) and get back to you!

Thanks

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Oct 24, 2018 7:26 am

Lacey_adminCCS‍ , I’ve found another “new” anomaly in the system since the change over.  My issue has been with the text not wrapping in the reply window when I’m sending an e-mail (seems to work fine when I’m replying to a post).

In the last couple days, I’ve found that when I scroll down to try and read the e-mail to which I’m replying, all the earlier text is no longer wrapped — it goes way off the right side of the box, and I can’t see the person’s earlier comment. Again this is happening when I’m on my iPad — I don’t usually use other devices for Cancer Connection communications. I’ll see if I can send you a photo privately.

Posted by Brighty on Oct 24, 2018 8:13 am

Cynthia Mac‍  why did u post my private email to u on the site?????? Can u please erase it?? Thank u.   

Posted by Brighty on Oct 24, 2018 8:33 am

Sorry please disregard  that.   I'm sooo sorry for the misunderstanding  Cynthia Mac‍ 

Posted by ACH2015 on Oct 24, 2018 10:13 am

ashcon‍ Ann and Lacey_adminCCS‍ ,

To delete messages from the PM screen:

Select the message you want to delete. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Delete Selected. Then choose the OK button and its done.

ACH2015 - Andy.

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Oct 24, 2018 11:12 am

ashcon‍ 

When you have a message open there is now a "reply options" tab on the right with a delete option.

Thanks for your patience,
Lacey

Posted by ashcon on Nov 6, 2018 9:21 am

Hi Lacey_adminCCS
I just noticed that, when using my smartphone, the "last reply" date is not appearing on page that shows list of all forum discussions.  
This "last reply" date IS showing when using my laptop/desktop. 

2d2329439707feed0705c4c61eb3e147-huge-sc