+ Reply
Grieving deeply
Knitter24
13 Posts

My son passed away peacefully in the early hours of December 20th, in hospital with his wife and I at his side. He was surrounded by family and friends during his final few weeks. He gave everything he had to fight this. His 26 years overflowed with accomplishments and friendships. He was loved deeply and we are all grieving accordingly now. I am grateful for this site, where I found hope and comfort from others sharing their experiences, and helpful resources. The stories of courage and encouragement helped me frame some of my emotions during this devastating 22 month period. Time will heal but i miss him so much.

15 Replies
Yuliya
108 Posts

@Knitter24

my heart breaks for you. No words can describe the pain. I wish you strength πŸ™

Whitelilies
2745 Posts

@Knitter24 I am sending you, sincere condolences, on the loss, of your beloved son….may he rest in peace….hold on to wonderful memories…..may they warm your soul.

Lean On Us, anytime.

Regards

Whitelilies

Trillium
2372 Posts

@Knitter24 - Your wonderful son was so young and fought to the end. The courage he had cannot be described in words. I’m so sorry for your deep loss. That was such a hard 22 mths for you all β€οΈβ€πŸ©Ή

May time ease your pain and allow you to find peace and happiness with his memories. Thank you for being here with us and sharing your family with us.

Healing hugs for you allβ€οΈβ€πŸ©Ή

supersu
1580 Posts

@Knitter24
thank you so much for your update.
sending my sincere condolences to you & all those who loved your son. he sounds like such a special young man.
hugs

Cynthia Mac
4217 Posts
Knitter24‍ I am so very sorry for your loss.

I’m not so sure about time healing, but it does offer us the opportunity for the good memories to overtake the sad ones.
Essjay
2153 Posts

@Knitter24 so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for sharing so much of your journey with us - we remain here if you need us πŸ’•

JenG
282 Posts

@Knitter24 I am sorry to read of your son’s death. I agree with @Cynthia Mac that the pain seems to lessen with time. Be kind and gentle with yourself.

jeng

Ineke
133 Posts

@Knitter24 My deepest and utmost condolences to you and your family in the loss of your precious son. My heart aches for you all. Sending my love and prayers at this most difficult time.

Terry52
87 Posts

@Knitter24

Your son sounds like he was such a courageous young man. He is an inspiration to others fighting this beast. I am so sorry for your heartbreaking loss. May the memories of him eventually ease the pain of your your loss and you will find yourself smiling when you remember him.Please know the members are here for you!
Warm hugs to you and your family.

LLLG
20 Posts

@Knitter24
So very sorry.

Thoughts are with you and your family.

Sending warm hugs.

Lynn

law1
770 Posts

@Knitter24 Thank you for your profound and loving courage during your long months caregiving and current mourning of your son and his wife…..It is with great support and loving empathy extended to your post for your strength to include us in your grief.

mnc11
14 Posts

@Knitter24 I am very sorry for your loss … πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ’ŒπŸ’ŒπŸ’ŒπŸ’ŒπŸ’ŒπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™β€¦ Amen

@Knitter24

I just saw this now and wanted to send you my heartfelt condolences on the passing of your son. Thank you for trusting us with this news and please know you can continue to lean on this site as you navigate your grief.

Take care

Lianne

D1955
139 Posts

@Knitter24 Sending condolences to the entire family. May happy memories carry you through.

Dee

@Knitter24- How are you doing today?

You are so right with deep love, comes deep grief.

Thinking of you,

Lacey

+ Reply