+ Reply
Equipment Donations
Ga.rv
46 Posts

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I lost my favourite person in the world, my sweet, kind, beautiful and dearest father, Daniel Rippes Alfonso. He fought every day with his heart and soul to win the battle and gave us so so much love. I'm the luckiest person in the world to call him my dad.

My family and I would like to donate the medical equipment we have to those in need because that's what he would have wanted it.

We would love to donate a brand new wheelchair, walker, raised toilet adapter and a movable bed (brand Puffy) ready for pick up. We are located in Midtown, Toronto. If this is something you need, please don't hesitate to contact me via message, I would love to help you.

Thank you,

Gabby

9 Replies
ACH2015
2554 Posts

@Ga.rv

Gabby, I am sorry to learn of the loss of your father. Your generous offer of donating his equipment is something that will help many others in his memory.

Keep well

ACH2015

Brighty
8730 Posts

@Ga.rv so deeply sorry for your loss, Gabby. Thank you for your most generous offer to donate to those in need. Big hugs Gabby!!!

@Ga.rv
Gabby - I am so very sorry for the loss of your father. Your offer of donating the medical equipment is so very generous. The Red Cross medical equipment loan program does take these types of items and then loan them out to those who need them. That might be an idea. Otherwise we would ask those interested to private message you on the site.

Take care of yourself. There are many resources for navigating grief. We have a Coping with Grief group here: https://cancerconnection.ca/groups/home/82 and www.mygrief.ca is a wonderful resource as well.

Lianne

Whitelilies
2769 Posts

@Ga.rv Hello Gabby…..I am so sorry, for the loss of your beloved Father.

I do hope someone on the site, will reach out to you, and be able to best utilize the equipment - how kind of your family, to donate it all.

If however, a member does not reach you, etc…..you mentioned you are in Mid Town Toronto…perhaps not far from “Hospital Corridor” (University Ave)…..maybe just one call from you, to a hospital, that is close, and they could even come to pick it all up…..just a thought……

Hold on to wonderful memories……

Warmly

Whitelilies

JenG
294 Posts

@Ga.rv Gabby, I’m so sorry to read about your dad. That’s a big hole in your life for so many reasons. And what a lovely gesture, to share the tools he needed so that someone else can benefit. It might be worth a poster or phone call at the clinic where he had his treatment?

Hugs to you. And come on over to Coping with Grief (under groups) if you’d like.

jeng

law1
775 Posts

@Ga.rv I recall your posting long ago regarding your father and your emotions. I sympathize with your appreciation of him…he must have been a wonderful man and husband, and father. I am so sorry.

Your generosity in donating the equipment will surely bring others great gratitude.

D1955
141 Posts

@Ga.rv

Our condolences Gabby for the loss of your father.

may happy memories carry you through.

Dee

RBION
211 Posts

@Ga.rv you've been such a good caregiver to him throughout his illness, you & he certainly won the lottery called love with your special relationship.

I'm sure you'll find recipients for your kind donations given the membership here plus the other suggestions above. Thank you to you and your family.

Wishing you strength in this time of sadness.

Cynthia Mac
4245 Posts

@Ga.rv That’s a wonderful idea you and your family came up with.

You might also reach out to some service clubs - Lions, Rotary, Civitan, even the Royal Canadian Legion. Some of these groups raise funds for wheelchairs for people who can’t afford them, and your Dad’s equipment might be of service through their networks.

I am sorry to hear that you have lost your dad. It sounds as though you and he made many wonderful memories, and I hope that they will help sustain you during your grief.

+ Reply