+ Reply
Coughing up phlegm

Wondering if anyone has seen someone post chemo/ radiation for lung cancer having bouts of coughing up alot phlegm. Mom's been having more frequent bouts and wonder if anyone has suggestions?

3 Replies
Brighty
8709 Posts

@Almostprairiegirlh hi there. You might want to suggest to the oncologist something to prescribe called ‘magic mouthwash ’. My fiance had a lot of phlem with his esophageal cancer and this prescription mouthwash was helpful.

Cynthia Mac
4215 Posts
Almostprairiegirl‍ My Dad also coughed up phlegm regularly during his treatments for lung cancer. Chemo really does a number on the soft tissues - he also had a persistent runny nose as a result. Dad didn’t have radiation, but he did resume smoking during his chemo treatment.

If she’s managing alright, I wouldn’t be concerned, but if it were me, I would let her oncology/ radiation team know that it’s going on. They might have some suggestions or words of explanation.
Haa
42 Posts

im sure chest physio would have been offered if its available. i do a yoga stretch… breathing in, i move my arms up over my head, in 3 stages…. some women cant do that any more, but its the attempt…

+ Reply