and this OCO below for help.
SIGNS YOU MAY BE EXPERIENCING CAREGIVER BURNOUT
If you are experiencing any of the following, you may be showing signs of caregiver burn-out. Please speak to a member of your healthcare team.
• Lack of energy and exhaustion
• Feelings of tremendous guilt
• Frequently sick, feeling unwell, anxious
• Neglect own needs because life is dominated by caregiving
• Difficulty relaxing even when help is available
• Impatience, irritability
• Feeling overwhelmed or helpless, and possibly hopeless
• Changes in sleeping or eating patterns and/or the excessive
use of alcohol, cannabis, and/or prescription medications
• Unable or unwilling to ask for help
@BF90 - thanks for joining us but sorry you have a need to. The Ontario Caregiver Organization was developed for those in Ontario but I was told anyone could access the SCALE program but only those in ON could access the counselling. Things change over time but you can definitely call them to ask.
Below are some links to BC Caregiver resources.
Do you have other family or friends supporting you?