+ Reply
This happened too fast. I am in shock
Gigi75
32 Posts
Hi everyone, my mom passed today. Her heart stopped at home, with the paramedics again, then at the hospital. She's gone and I can't believe it. She just had her first chemo on the 29th and we thought that was why she wasn't feeling good.
I'm really lost right now.
23 Replies
Brighty
7483 Posts

Oh @Gigi75 im so very sorry for your loss. Hope you find comfort surrounded by your loved ones at this time. We are here to continue to support you as you navigate going through grieving. You can join our group ‘coping with grief’If you are comfortable

Boby1511
596 Posts

@Gigi75

That is heartbreaking. Sorry for your loss. Take care of you. You sounded like you did a great job with her care. She is smiling down on you.

@Gigi75 I’m so sorry to hear of your Mum’s passing, gutted for you and hoping friends and family can be nearby to care for you now as beautifully as you did for your Mum 💕

supersu
499 Posts

@Gigi75

oh no!
my sincere condolences to you, your family & all those who loved your mom.
your loving care made a difference.
now, let others take care of you.

hugs
su

#condolences

Runner Girl
2135 Posts

@Gigi75

I am so very sorry for the loss of your Mom.

Be kind to yourself as your process the loss and your grief. We are here if you need us.

Runner Girl

Dave58
171 Posts

@Gigi Please accept my heart felt condolences concerning your Mom. No matter the circumstances we're never really ready for that. It is my hope that you and your Family can get together for love and support. Your cancer Family will always be here when you need us.

EmilyD
7 Posts

@Gigi75 I’m so very sorry to read this. My mother has Metastatic Breast Cancer. If you need to talk I’m here. Your nightmare is my worst fear.

law1
584 Posts

@Gigi75 you have received a major shock to your system and it is heartbreaking. Thank you for letting us know the sad passing of your mother, and be aware you have posted on the best empathetic website ever.

Judym6969
1 Posts

So SAD, God will give you Strength

JustJan
1031 Posts

@Gigi75 I am so sorry to hear about your mom. What A shock for you. Take the time you need grieve and reach out to us for support when you need it. We are here for you.

Trillium
1568 Posts

Oh @gigi75…I’m so sorry for the sudden loss of your dear mom. Losing my mom was one of the most difficult losses for me. If you have not seen it yet there is a forum for grief and loss where you will find many resources and support from many folks that have been there too.

Big hug for you and your family

Trllium

@Gigi75

Please accept my sincere condolences on the sudden passing of your mom. Losing someone we love is never easy and I suspect even more difficult when it is so sudden. Please continue to lean on this community as you need. We are here to support you in any way we can. We have a grief group here if and when you are ready :

https://cancerconnection.ca/groups/home/82

There is also an excellent grief resource with https://mygrief.ca/

Please take care and be kind to yourself.

Hugs

Lianne

Whitelilies
1475 Posts

@Gigi75 Hello….I am sending my sincere condolences, for the loss of your beloved mom. Hold on to wonderful memories….may they fill your heart.

Please lean on us…..

Regards

Whitelilies

23laura
18 Posts

I am so truly sorry for your loss the passing of a parent is truly heartbreaking. Take comfort in your treasured memories.

Faye
229 Posts

@Gigi75

I’m so sorry for the loss of your mom.May her love give you the strength you need to get through the coming days.

AB8
2 Posts

I'm very sorry for your loss.

@Gigi75

So sorry for your loss. The first stage of grief is denial. It is hard to accept the fact that something so devastatingly final has erupted into the middle of our lives. Our hearts remain in the past even though our minds know that there is no going back. This stage melts the certainty of our souls.

Know that we are here as you continue to mourn the loss. You have been a great comfort to others here as you have shared your journey with her.

Thank you.

Angus

Danno534
2 Posts

Loosing a family members is always a hard pill to swallow, we think we are prepared , but it seems to take your breath away anyway . When it happens so sudden it makes it worse .Hope you have someone who you can go through the stages of grief with and will understand when you are not alright some days . You have many here to support and give emotional hugs and a virtual shoulder for the times needed.

Jan1116
6 Posts

I am so, so sorry. What a shock to go through and live with. Please know we are all thinking of you and hoping you can find strength. My mom passed away with a lot of forewarning….I was still shocked when it happened. I can only imagine your sorrow.

Fiche
2 Posts
Oh no! That’s so sad. &
What everyone else said.
My mom died when I was 18 and it’s something I’ve never gotten over. It’s so life changing
Im so sorry 😢 💔🙏🏼
give yourself lots and lots of time to heal from this one.
Gigi75
32 Posts

Thank you all for the kind words and direction towards the grief forum. I will check that out after the service.

I had joined a football pool as something mom and I could do together that wasn't related to her illness and she even made her picks during her chemo treatment. My son is taking over the picks with me and it was the toughest thing to get through!!! The mornings and nights are the hardest. Planning her service and going through those motions are surreal.

Thanks for the ongoing support.

Gigi

cinderella1
45 Posts

@Gigi75 My prayers are with you. Sudden death is the hardest, cancer or not. Let others comfort you at this time. I love the football pick idea you and your Mom had started. Know that she is safe and comforted in the arms of the Lord. She will never be forgotten all those beautiful memories are yours to keep. Bless you

Cindy

Ambrosia
6 Posts

My heartfelt condolences for your profound loss. May you find peace in the days to come. We are here if you need to reach out. We are here to help you as you grieve the loss of your beloved Mother.

+ Reply