+ Reply
Cervical Cancer
Baucoin
8 Posts
I am reaching out in hope of someone has been through cervical cancer?
14 Replies
Brighty
6765 Posts
Welcome Baucoin‍ ! I found TJH
Peta
DMT
and Cedar
for you. You may also want to check out the cervical cancer discussions under 'forums''cancer types'' and then cervical cancer'. We will help you you find the connections and support you need.
Boby1511
454 Posts
Baucoin
Hi there,
I had cancer which started in uterus - took everything out, including bits of the pooper.
Have you just been diagnosed?
Any questions feel free to ask.
Sending you best wishes.
Peta
18 Posts
Yep! Ask away!
Baucoin
8 Posts
Boby1511
Yes I was just diagnosed May 14th, I have a PET Scan and MRI on June 2nd. I have mild cramps no blood show or anything but my fear is that its spreading as I sit and want for treatment and my surgery.
DMT
67 Posts
Baucoin‍ Hi there, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer at the age of 26. I had a cone biopsy that they said would likely get all the cancer but that was not to be. The long and short of it is that I ended up having a hysterectomy. That was 43 years ago and I am still here. Hope you get some answers soon. The waiting is always the worst! Ask any questions you have.
Peta
18 Posts
Baucoin
Hey babe....
I know you must be SUPER stressed right now....waiting for confirmation if what stage your cervical cancer is at , what type of treatment you will need etc...and you WILL have more idea on or shortly after June 2nd. I had the same concerns (I was diagnosed in Feb and had a radical hysterectomy at the end of March). I want you to know that my Oncologist assured me that after my internal exam, initial biopsy, blood work and other presenting "side effects" (nauseau, cramping, lack of appetite, rapid weight loss) that NOTHING was "spreading" while I was waiting for my PET, MRI scans. So, while it is extremely hard to do...please try and trust that it's not spreading while you wait. I'm sure your Oncologist has taken all your other symptoms, and test results into account and that nothing is spreading while you wait a few weeks. I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Honestly, the waiting is so hard. Where are you in Canada? Do you have any indication of what stage you are at or treatment plan yet? Love to you. Peta.x
Boby1511
454 Posts
Baucoin
Waiting does sucks but June 2 not too far away.
Doc need to know stage and whether its anywhere else to determine best course of treatment.
I had significant pain and blood towards the end. And severe cramping.
PET scan is good, and you getting in early for this type of scan.
I'm thinking of getting a PET too, yet to have one of those.
Baucoin
8 Posts
I know your right I wish they would have found it sooner I went in a year ago complaining about clear mucus which they said its menopause so I thought that's what it was bit then, it kept hanging so a year later he said he would do a biopsy and this is what he found. So the PET scan is to see if its outside or just inside and that will determine treatment. I have always been one that got my paps smears but somehow this happened. I just hope and lots of prayers in Jesus name that its localized.
TJH
6 Posts
Baucoin
Hey,
sorry to hear of your diagnosis but glad you are reaching out. It is very helpful to hear from others with similar experiences.
You’re right, waiting is the worst part!
I was diagnosed in May of last year and never had my first MRI until July and then surgery in August.
June 2 isn’t too far away so hopefully you will have more information and a treatment plan soon after that.
If you have any questions while you are going through this journey please reach out.
Sending positive vibes your way :)
Whitelilies
1073 Posts

@Baucoin Hello (again)…..you said you wished to connect with others/cervical cancer…I would like to introduce you to:

@Peta @Peachs45

Thank you so much, ladies, for your support and sharing your experiences, here, with our new member, seeking to connect with others….much appreciation.

Regards

Whitelilies

Baucoin
8 Posts

Thanks for your support, I don't feel so alone.

Whitelilies
1073 Posts
Baucoin‍ Hi.....Please know that June 2nd.....is not that far off.....
SO: use this "waiting time" to YOUR advantage.....
Walk outdoors more......wash your car.....vacuum floor mats....stock the pantry......read a good book....get busy; keep busy......you will be SO busy....that June 2nd will be here, super-speedy....
Write down all your questions....so you feel prepared.....most important questions on top of your "list", in case Dr is "rushed".....it can happen.....
We all wait....for tests....for test results......for appt with Doctors...and more......we truly understand....
Have faith.....trust your medical team.....soon; you will have answers and a treatment plan catered to your needs, will be in place......
Go, outside....sit under a tree......Mother Nature is very healing.......
We are here for you....
Whitelilies
Baucoin
8 Posts

Peta‍ how long did you go not knowing you had cervical cancer? Do you mind sharing that, I ask because I am wondering who fast it actually grows?

Faith1
511 Posts
Beacoin

Hi Baucoin, sorry to hear about your cervical cancer. I had positive and negative pap smears growing up as a teenager. When I turned 31 they had found dysplasia I believe it's called and they were supposed to do a follow up with a biopsy. I did not know this until one day, I just picked up my chart off the door and read the information. I brought it to the doctors attention that I did not have this follow up. Had the biopsy and then they found the cancer. The doctor started off by telling me I was lucky they found it as 6 more months and it would have been in my lymphatic system. I chose to have a total hysterectomy as I did not want to worry about it spreading etc.. kept my ovaries as they were ok. I had one daughter who was age three at the time and I was able to get pregnant two more times, but ended up having miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy, all before the hysterectomy. I did not get Invasive Lobular Breast Cancer until I was 60 years old.So for 30 so years I was fine and lived a good life. After I had the hysterectomy I felt better, as my periods had been heavy and horrible for years! I had more energy and the pain was much better. The surgery itself was not that bad compared to a double mastectomy! It was just the cut healing and making sure I didn't do too much for a couple of weeks like lifting anything heavy. The cancer did not go into my ovaries or anything like that. Breast Cancer runs in my family so this was something totally different. I wish you all the best, ask a lot of questions, take your time to decide. This is your decision. I hope my information helped a little. Faith1
+ Reply