Hello New Here

Hello New Here

Posted by bee1234 on Oct 10, 2020 1:54 am

Hi Everyone, 
I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!  
I never thought I would find myself here, but I am thankful that I have my health, sanity and I am able to support my sister who is going through breast cancer (stage 3). I have been on this journey with her from the beginning (Feb/2020) and we are still on the journey to her health, and recovery. I can honestly tell you that being the sole person through this with her is the most hardest job I ever had encountered. 
I know she is a strong person, with the will to live outshines the demise. I have watched her through the stages of denial, acceptance and now coping. She has underwent chemo,  partial-mastectomy, removal of lymph nodes and now we are facing the radiation therapy. I don't know if I was faced with the same diagnosis would I also be so willing to undergo so much. 
I am thankful for every day I can share in her life, every step we take together, her confidence in me, knowing that I would be her strength when she is weak, and knowing that she is my light when everything seems so dark. I am thankful for all we have, all we will have. For all of this, I am thankful for, everyday in my life is thanksgiving day (minus the turkey and other traditional foods, who can eat turkey every day?...LOL) 

Re: Hello New Here

Posted by Sew On on Oct 10, 2020 3:14 am

What a special bond you have with your sister.  I really like and appreciate your thankfulness that you share everyday. I will close with Happy Thanksgiving. 

Posted by cancertakesflight on Oct 10, 2020 8:27 am

bee1234‍ Your post is the first one I read on this site today and it's beautiful. I had some very supportive brothers when i was undergoing breast cancer treatments but I suspect that having a sister would be even more special. Your sister seems to be a very special lady and I would say that you are special too. 

im glad she has made it through chemo and surgery. Radiation has his challenges but it means she is on the home stretch.

Happy Thanksgiving.

cancertakesflight
Laughter is a lifestyle choice. www.laughterandcancer.com/blog

Posted by Brendeath on Oct 10, 2020 11:56 am

Beautiful post! 
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your sister (hopefully with a turkey!)

Posted by TT53 on Oct 11, 2020 12:20 pm

bee1234‍  Happy Thanksgiving to you and your sister.  You shared a very special and inspiring story that every family needs to hear.  Wishing you and your sister best of health and  SHE's GOT THIS .
Hugs,
M...